Job Type: Full-time, permanent
Hybrid (attendance at the Cambridge office at least once a week on Wednesday)
About the RSC
The Royal Society of Chemistry is the world’s leading chemistry community, advancing excellence in the chemical sciences. The UK’s professional body for chemical scientists with over 50,000 members worldwide, we are a £50m-turnover not-for-profit organisation with 600 staff operating around the world and an award-winning global knowledge business. For 175 years we have promoted, supported, and celebrated chemistry. We work to shape the future of the chemical sciences – for the benefit of science and humanity.
At the Royal Society of Chemistry, we promote a healthy work/life balance and flexible working options across the organisation. We offer a comprehensive benefits package to all employees including:
- 26 days paid holiday per annum
- 35-hour working week with flexible options
- Enhanced maternity and paternity leave
- Paid volunteering days
- Pension plan with up to 12% employer contributions (depending upon your contribution)
- Life assurance at four times basic annual salary
Are you creative? Do you have good knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite and laser-sharp attention to detail? Are you a team player?
The Royal Society of Chemistry (RSC) is looking for an artworker to join us on a permanent full-time (35-hour week) basis. As part of our in-house Creative & Production team you will support our designers, providing a graphic and digital design service to the whole of the Royal Society of Chemistry.
This is an exciting and creative role in which you will create digital and print work to attract attention, inspire, involve and motivate a wide variety of audience groups. These include teachers, schools, chartered professionals and many others.
You will provide skilled and technically precise support to the team to tidy up and rework creative design, creating documents, fixing typography and make files print ready. Our whole team works together to maintain the high standards and production values that reflect our mission, vision, brand and reputation, and you will play a key role.
What we are looking for:
- Degree, or similar qualification, in a creative subject.
- Good knowledge of design and technical knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite
- Excellent typesetting/layout skills.
- Accuracy and attention to detail with a creative eye.
- Experience of office software is essential and PC experience is desirable.
- Well organised, able to work to tight deadlines and take a methodical approach to archiving images and artwork.
- Highly motivated, willing to learn and develop in the role.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
A full job description is available here.
If you are interested in this role, please apply before the end of the closing date. When applying, you will need to provide an up-to-date CV and a supporting statement (no more than 500 words) indicating how your skills/ expertise match the competencies outlined in the Job Description.
The contractual base for this role is our Cambridge office, however we are currently embracing hybrid working, and therefore you will have the opportunity to work from a location other than this within the UK, as agreed with your line manager. Applicants should be aware that there is an expectation that employees will attend the office as needed for their role. For this role, you will be expected to attend the office at least once a week on Wednesdays.
Visit our Work For Us website to learn more about us, our benefits, equal opportunities statement and inclusive culture pledge.
If you have any questions, please contact us at email@example.com