CK Group are recruiting for a Shift Site Chemist to join a hazardous waste management company based at their site in Staffordshire, on a full time, permanent basis for a salary of £30,000 or higher depending on experience.
Please note that this is a shift role involving nights and working in the outdoors, not in a laboratory.
As a Site Chemist, you will be responsible in bringing value to the business by accepting and inspecting all incoming assignments of Hazardous and Non-Hazardous Waste by following the relevant regulations and site procedures. This is a shift-based role working 40 hpw with the morning shift from 6am-3pm, the afternoon shift from 1pm-10pm and night shift from 10pm-6am. The night shift carries a 25% salary increase. Location:
The site is based in Staffordshire and is commutable by Stoke on Trent, Stafford, Newcastle under Lyme and UttoxeterAs a Site Chemist, the main purpose of your role will be:
As a Site Chemist, you will have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- Ensuring all incoming consignments of wastes have appropriate paperwork
- Responsible for the completion of waste safety checks to allow acceptance to site, storage safety and processing and/or onwards transfer.
- Responsible for the completion of regular sampling of received waste to then further supply to internal laboratory for analysis.
- Ensuring waste is routed such that costs are minimised whilst maintaining legality and compliance.
- Waste acceptance is recorded using the SAP system.
- Ensuring all waste is labelled correctly with all relevant information.
- Processing of waste as required – to include bulking, sorting, segregating, listing and re-packing of wastes.
- Provide technical support to other members of staff on site.
- Complete relevant outgoing paperwork.
- Degree Level or HNC Qualification in Chemistry or a similar related field.
- Experience of the Waste Industry is desirable.
- SAP experience is desirable.
- Competent Microsoft Office user, in particular Excel.
- Willingness to work in outdoor conditions in a hazardous chemical environment undertaking a manual/hands on approach.
It is essential that applicants hold entitlement to work in the UK. Please quote job reference 55359 in all correspondence.