Senior Protein Scientist
- Hyper Recruitment Solutions
- Industry Competitive
- Closing date
- 14 Jun 2023
- Biocatalytic, Biochemistry, Biology
- Contract Type
- Full Time
You will collaborate internally and work on high-priority projects to allow further research and development into this novel platform aimed at improving enzyme yield and activity across of range of industries utilising Biocatalysis. You will also supervise and manage the day-to-day workflow of junior team members.
This role will suit an experience Protein Biochemist with experience of Bacterial expression systems that is looking for a fast-paced Biotech start-up focused on creating a sustainable Biomanufacturing industry who is also interested in gaining management experience.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Senior Protein Scientist will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. Design, lead and troubleshoot Protein and Enzyme expression and purification projects where you will support junior members of the team and also deputies for the Group Leader as SME and Technical specialist.
2. Design complex DNA constructs for cloning and expression within Bacterial expression systems (e.g. E.Coli) as well as the purification and characterisation of recombinant proteins and enzymes.
3. Line Manage junior Protein Scientists as well as having responsibility for the writing of SOPs and project plans and keeping up-to-date with new develops for protein expression.
4. Utilise a range of analytical techniques to assess purified proteins. Techniques include but not limited to SDS-Page and enzymatic assays.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Senior Protein Scientist we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant PhD in Biochemistry or related field as well as industry experience within Protein sciences where you have ideally lead Bacterial Expression projects.
2. Proven industry experience in DNA Cloning methods (both traditional and scarless) as well as recombinant protein expression within E.coli where you have experience of troubleshooting (e.g. yield, Toxicity and solubility issues.
3. A working knowledge and practical experience with Protein characterisation and Enzymatic assessment is ideal.
Key Words: Recombinant Protein | Enzyme | Enzymatic | Biocatalysis | Protein Expression | E.coli | Bacterial Expression | Protein Purification | Protein Characterisation | Senior Scientist
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for talent development. We therefore welcome applications for any interested parties who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment professionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.
Hyper Recruitment Solutions is a specialist and highly compliant recruitment consultancy dedicated to the Science and Technology sectors.
Hyper Recruitment Solutions (HRS), founded and run by Ricky Martin and in partnership with Lord Alan Sugar, has a wealth of recruitment expertise as well as compliance and commercial awareness. We offer a range of permanent, temporary and contract staff.
Our vision is to provide recruitment solutions which will assist in the improvement and quality of life for all. To do so, HRS will focus on the support of sectors whose primary focus is in making the world a better place. This could be working for a Pharmaceutical company who is developing new and existing therapeutics or an FMCG business who is making the latest consumer products in a sustainable and efficient way. We want to provide a service to those areas of actual need which will have an impact on us all.
We provide services across a broad range of industries including the following specialist sectors:
• Medical Device
• Clinical Research
• CMO / CRO
• Food / FMCG
With all jobseekers we are looking to form close relationships where we can offer you the most accurate and useful advice. We intend to not only find and present the most ideal career options to you, but we want to provide advice on the entire recruitment process. We are a business who listens and advises and as shown on our website we have a clear ‘candidate commitment’ to ensure your search is in the most professional and capable hands. Some of the key areas we focus on include:
• Quality Assurance (including Qualified Persons)
• Clinical Research (all phases and therapeutic fields)
• Research & Development
• Consumer Insight and Sensory
• Lean and Continuous Improvement
• Engineering (all disciplines)
• Manufacturing, Scale up and Technology Transfer
• Packaging and Sustainability
• Medical Affairs
• Sales and Business Development
• Information Systems & Technology
• Executive Appointments
HRS has been awarded membership to the REC (Recruitment and Employment Confederation) and APSCo (Association of Professional Staffing Companies). This is to assure all clients and candidates that our processes and practices comply with all relevant government and recruitment industry regulations.
Lord Sugar, Ricky Martin and everyone at HRS look forward to working with you. Please do not hesitate to visit our website www.hyperec.com or contact us via
Telephone: 02032 255 120
Or any of the social media routes below:
- 0203 910 2980
Apply for Senior Protein Scientist
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert