Currently recruiting for a Senior Technical Support Engineer for a leading composite and materials manufacturer to be based at either their site in Cambridgeshire or Bristol. The role will involve travel to customers across the UK, Ireland and Northern Europe, circa 25% travel. As a Senior Technical Support Engineer, you will be responsible for providing technical support within composites materials, leading technical projects for customers throughout the UK and Europe. You will become an expert in various composite fields as well as manufacturing processes, as well providing expert support directly to customers involving the introduction of new products and technologies.
To be considered for this Senior Technical Support Engineer, you will be degree educated in Materials Science, Chemistry, or relevant Engineering field. You will also have significant technical industrial experience spent within composites development/manufacturing OR aerospace manufacturing. You will also have a good understanding of composite or aerospace manufacturing processes, along with previous customer facing/presenting skills. Key Responsibilities
Knowledge and Experience
- Support various UK and global teams in providing technical support for composite materials.
- Lead the promotion of existing and new products by developing partnerships with key customers and markets.
- Provide support on materials selection both internally and to customers.
- Problem solving for any internal and external issues that arise in materials, processing, manufacturing, or applications.
- Become and expert for various composite materials, including manufacturing processes, applications, and development.
- 25% customer travel involved, providing technical presentations and technical support.
- Degree educated in Materials Science, Engineering, Chemistry, or closely related subject.
- Significant manufacturing experience within the composites or aerospace fields, ideally aerospace composite materials.
- A good working understanding of composites or aerospace materials manufacturing processes.
- Previous customer facing/technical support experience.
- Must have strong demonstrable verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent planning and leadership skills.