HRS are currently have a great opportunity for an experienced protein biochemist, specifically with hands on experience of mass spectrometry techniques and equipment to join a leading life sciences business as a Principal Scientist - Protein Mass Spec.
The role of Principal Scientist - Protein Mass Spec will be focused on Research and Innovation. You will be working as part of a team involved with the characterisation and analysis of recombinant proteins and antibodies, fusion proteins etc.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
As the Principal Scientist - Protein Mass Spec, you will be responsible for the following:
1. Development and execution of specialist mass spectrometry methods for protein characterisation with special focus on using mass spectrometry methods to solve complex problems.
2. Provide scientific mentoring and training in all aspects of mass spectrometry and provide scientific oversight and guidance to scientists for analytical issues
3. Taking a lead role in troubleshooting and developing methods, equipment maintenance and calibration and technical review of documentation and data.
4. Demonstrate a specialist interest in Orbitrap, Ion Trap and Q-TOF mass spectrometry method development.
This is a key role within the business and will require specific technical expertise. For that reason we will only be able to consider applicants for the role of Principal Scientist - Protein Mass Spec who are able to demonstrate the following experience / qualifications:
1. Significant practical experience in mass spectrometry applications for the characterisation of biologics.
2. Theoretical understanding of mass spectrometry methods an their applications.
3. Ability to work in a fast paced environment, managing multiple projects as part of a mixed work load.
Key Words: mass spectrometry | R&D | orbitrap | ion-trap | Q-TOF | protein | antibodies | protein biochemistry | LCMS | method development | troubleshooting