CK Group are recruiting for a Chemical Production Operator to join a speciality chemical manufacturing company based at their site in Cambridgeshire. This position is offered on an initial 12 month fixed-term contract.
This role will include a weekly rotating shift pattern: Monday – Friday, 40 hrs per week. 6am-2pm, 2pm – 10pm, 10pm - 6am.The main purpose of the role will be to:
Further responsibilities will include:
- Operate plant machinery following SOPs and in a safe and efficient manner maximising product output.
- Work as part of a team where necessary and ensure targets are met.
- Work with the team to maintain quality standards and maximise efficiency.
- Set up benches, check, weigh and add materials plus move batch materials physically where needed.
- Complete all batch related documentation accurately and handover to on-coming shifts.
- Work in a 'highly' organised production environment in line with 5S approach.
- Identify areas of improvement
In order to be considered for this role, you will be required to have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- Carrying out production work in a safe manner.
- Reporting any near misses, incidents and accidents in the production environment.
- Strong numerical ability with GCSE Maths and English or equivalent
- A Chemistry or a technical qualification would be advantageous.
- Ideally have experience in a Manufacturing process environment or the chemistry industry.
- Knowledge in Health and Safety with Manufacturing environment
- Computer literate
Competitive salary, defined pension contribution scheme, private health care, a guaranteed annual payment and a non- contractual incentive compensation after probation.Apply:
It is essential that applicants hold entitlement to work in the UK. Please quote job reference 55492 in all correspondence.