We are recruiting on behalf of a leading fabrics and coatings manufacturer, for a Laboratory Assistant to join their business based in Greater Manchester. As a Laboratory Assistant, you will support the development team carrying out testing on finished products and raw materials to ensure standards are met. In this role you will be working two different shift patterns - 0600-1400/1400-2200 Mon to Thu, 0600-1200/1200-1800 Fridays
To be considered for this role, you will be degree qualified in Chemistry or a related subject, with a desire to learn and grow in a fast-paced working environment. This is an excellent opportunity to develop and grow yourself within an innovative business, with state-of-the art facilities.
- Testing uncoated and coated fabrics, liquor samples and adhesives including viscosity and colour testing.
- Colour matching and corrections (drawdown cards, liquor, digital print)
- Quality Control testing on raw materials to ensure compliance
- Assist the development team where needed, working on new product development projects
Qualifications and Experience:
- A minimum BSc in Chemistry or related subject
- Any experience in an industrial laboratory environment is beneficial
- A hunger to learn and develop in a fast-paced working environment is essential