Located at Bridge Farm Research Facility, Spalding, Lincolnshire with flexibility to work from home.
Bridge Farm Group is one of the largest protected crop cultivators in the UK, investing over £45m in a 60-acre, state-of-the-art glasshouse we have developed an industry leading, sustainable growing model for a diverse range of crops. With technology and innovation at the heart of our business we are always looking for new ways we can apply our knowledge and expertise.
Bridge Farm’s Bioscience division is at the forefront of plant research and development in the UK. Our industry leading experts in cultivation and plant chemistry apply their knowledge, alongside the latest technology and innovation, to harness the transformative properties of plants. Our unique capabilities and expertise enable us to create innovative and effective plant-derived molecules and extracts for use in pharmaceutical, nutraceutical, and personal care markets.
We are looking for an experienced, innovative, and collaborative scientific leader to develop and execute Bridge Farm Bioscience’s overall research and development strategy. To provide innovation and implementation in the development of plant derived ingredients for diverse applications from pharmaceuticals to cosmetics. Bringing a clear vision of the opportunities and solutions that can deliver high quality ingredients that meet the functional and regulatory requirements of our clients. Reporting to the CEO, the successful candidate will be required to manage a team of researchers and to communicate effectively with the company management, industry and academic partners. Above all we are looking for an enthusiastic and motivated leader that lives, breathes and dreams natural plant chemistry and all it can offer.
- Formulate & implement the research and development strategy and vision for the Bioscience business
- Manage evaluation and execution of all research programs to ensure appropriate study design, scientific review, feasibility, regulatory approval, timelines and budgets are met
- Develop unique processes to advance the business’ product pipeline
- Translate scientific vision into product delivery for the business and its strategic partners
- Supervise engagement with external research, academic and commercial partners
- Stay up to date with research and technology advancements in the sector
- Provide leadership & direction to deliver projects & objectives
- Focus the scientific team on delivery with key milestones and targets
- Team development to deliver the R&D strategy
- 10+ years industry or academic experience in the field is preferable
- Industry experience in the development of plant-derived ingredients
- Knowledge of supercritical CO2 processes and green chemistry techniques
- Strong record of scientific accomplishment, research publication and patent creation
Essential qualifications are a good degree or MSc in chemistry or biochemistry and ideally a PhD in a related subject.
Salary and package dependent of experience
This is a fantastic opportunity to gain valuable experience working for a progressive company that promotes innovation, works in collaboration across teams and encourages personal development. You will be welcomed into a small friendly team who will provide support as well as a positive working environment.
Please apply, including a copy of your CV using Apply button below