Job Title: R&D Lead
Location: London and/or Middlesbrough (to be defined)
Salary: Up to £55k p.a. commensurate with experience
Benefits: Employee Share Option Plan, Personal Development Budget, Flexible Working, Monthly Pizza Bonus as standard
Start date: As soon as possible
Working hours: 37.5hrs per week for full time, 80% part time also considered.
About the role
Nanomox is seeking an experienced and visionary R&D Lead to lead the company's in-house experimental efforts. This role will involve a deep understanding of advanced material synthesis and characterization techniques, with a focus on the Oxidative Ionothermal Synthesis (OIS) process. The R&D Lead will spearhead the exploration and development of this novel method for the production of high-performance inorganic materials, such as zinc oxide, for a wide range of applications.
In this hybrid role, you will be expected to work on-site when appropriate and will play a critical role in establishing laboratory facilities and protocols. As one of the first technical employees, you will have a unique opportunity to shape the future of Nanomox and be a key contributor to the company's mission of fighting climate change through the development of sustainable technologies.
Our vision for first employees is that they own the business with us - as we grow - and become part of the collective story of Nanomox, taking a catalytic role in its early history and the fight against climate change.
What we are looking for
- PhD in Chemistry or Material Science, or equivalent industry experience
- Expertise in the synthesis of inorganic materials and characterization techniques (XRD, XRF, SEM, DLS, BET, UV-Vis)
- In-depth knowledge of crystallization processes
- Excellent interpersonal skills, able to lead and collaborate within teams.
- Broad practical skills, including setting up test stands and prototyping.
- Ability to navigate across different domains of knowledge.
- Demonstrated ability to find solutions in unknown and ambiguous situations.
- Clear communication of technology development vision and strategy.
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral (English), with the ability to produce clear reports for both high-level and technical audiences.
Ability to work independently on multiple projects and manage time effectively.
- Highly self-motivated, with a detail-oriented approach to work.
- Demonstrates professionalism in all interactions, including punctuality, tact, positivity, flexibility, and cooperation.
- Supports the vision, mission, and values of Nanomox.
- In-depth understanding of electrochemical principles, techniques, processes and applications.
- Experience with electrochemical reduction and oxidation reactions
- Developing and implementing experimental test-plans
- Supporting and supervising a team of scientists and technicians for optimisation studies and early concept exploration
- Managing a lab budget Collaborate with the CEO to produce technical reports/publications
- Support academic collaborations
- Support dissemination activities (conferences, tweets, etc)
- Managing the daily running of the lab ensuring compliance with H&S, waste disposal
To apply: Send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org using the Apply button below