We are currently looking for a Global Communications Director to join a leading Biotech company based in the Oxfordshire area. As the Global Communications Director you will have a broad remit and support to build and execute the global strategies for corporate reputation, policy, public and media relations, internal and external communication, branding, and product launches.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Global Communications Director will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. You will foresee areas of risk/crisis and pro-actively execute on communication strategies to safeguard the company's reputation across internal and external audiences (especially around industry-specific topics.
2. The Global Communications Director will serve as the company's chief spokesperson in certain media markets and train company staff to engage with media wherever appropriate. They will also support regional communication programs and country-level teams while ensuring communications, brand, and messaging is standardised globally.
3. Another responsibility will be to co-develop, and lead the implementation of, social media campaigns in support of corporate and local public engagement initiatives, bringing high levels of engagement, creativity, and interactivity with followers.
4. It will be crucial to be in partnership with the leadership team whilst set the roadmap for the firm's global PR strategy and corporate communications.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Global Communications Director we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Experience in Communication and PR is essential along with relevant industry experience, preferably in the service of mission-led, not-for-profit, start-up and/or entrepreneurial organisations that are fast-moving and dynamic.
2. Proven track record of managing external/internal communication strategies in change environments, for high-growth start-ups in the public eye is essential.
3. The ideal candidate will also have extensive experience of managing interactions with the media, the development and management of active communications offices, corporate communication initiatives, public engagement campaigns, and marketing initiatives for products or public engagement initiatives.
Key Words: Director | Global Communications | Biotechnology | Public Relations | Marketing | Communications |