Health and Safety Manager
- Hyper Recruitment Solutions
- Dependent on experience
- Closing date
- 27 May 2023
- Health and Safety, Molecular Biology, Pharmaceutical
- Contract Type
- Full Time
We are currently looking for a Health and Safety Manager to join a leading scientific company based in the Midlothian area.
As the Health and Safety Manager, you will be the primary internal 'competent adviser' for health and safety and will be responsible for contributing to a positive health and safety culture and to assist colleagues to work more safely.
You will provide expert advice and support to the Board, Scientific Management and all levels of colleagues in order to achieve legislative compliance and to embed effective occupational health and safety management systems.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Health and Safety Manager will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. You will be the main point of contact for information, advice and guidance on all matters relating to specialist Health and Safety to ensure institutional compliance. This will include liaising and co-ordinating as necessary with statutory regulators to enable facilities to pass statutory inspections.
2. You will be responsible for ensuring biological safety controls are compliant with key HSE guidance (e.g. ACDP and SACGM), and also that agricultural and engineering facilities (fabrication and light repairs) have in place fit-for-purpose safety management systems (e.g. in accordance with the ILO guidance standard Safety and health in agriculture).
3. As the Health and Safety Manager, you will assist with investigation, analysis and evaluation of accidents, injuries, incidents of work-related illness, dangerous occurrences and near misses and coordination of preventative measures to prevent re-occurrence.
4. Additionally, you will be responsible for the leadership and management of the staff employed in your designated area of responsibility, including through the following: act as the designated line manager for staff on issues including conduct and discipline, performance management, attendance management, staff appraisal, and staff development.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Health and Safety Manager we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Degree or equivalent in a relevant subject area (i.e. an Occupational Safety and Health (OSH) qualification). A degree in Biological Sciences and/or a current professional member of IOSH at Graduate level or Chartered level and above would be highly advantageous.
2. Proven industry experience in a similar Health & Safety Manager role, with knowledge of current H&S practice and legislation is essential. Experience working within biomedical science, laboratories or a medical environment would be beneficial.
3. You will also need to have experience of writing policies, standards and risk assessments, as well as experience of incident investigation with a focus on root cause analysis.
Key Words: Health and Safety Manager | Safety Management | Root Cause Analysis | Biological Science | Pharmaceutical | Biomedical Laboratories | Occupational Safety and Health
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for talent development. We therefore welcome applications for any interested parties who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment professionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.
Hyper Recruitment Solutions is a specialist and highly compliant recruitment consultancy dedicated to the Science and Technology sectors.
Hyper Recruitment Solutions (HRS), founded and run by Ricky Martin and in partnership with Lord Alan Sugar, has a wealth of recruitment expertise as well as compliance and commercial awareness. We offer a range of permanent, temporary and contract staff.
Our vision is to provide recruitment solutions which will assist in the improvement and quality of life for all. To do so, HRS will focus on the support of sectors whose primary focus is in making the world a better place. This could be working for a Pharmaceutical company who is developing new and existing therapeutics or an FMCG business who is making the latest consumer products in a sustainable and efficient way. We want to provide a service to those areas of actual need which will have an impact on us all.
We provide services across a broad range of industries including the following specialist sectors:
• Medical Device
• Clinical Research
• CMO / CRO
• Food / FMCG
With all jobseekers we are looking to form close relationships where we can offer you the most accurate and useful advice. We intend to not only find and present the most ideal career options to you, but we want to provide advice on the entire recruitment process. We are a business who listens and advises and as shown on our website we have a clear ‘candidate commitment’ to ensure your search is in the most professional and capable hands. Some of the key areas we focus on include:
• Quality Assurance (including Qualified Persons)
• Clinical Research (all phases and therapeutic fields)
• Research & Development
• Consumer Insight and Sensory
• Lean and Continuous Improvement
• Engineering (all disciplines)
• Manufacturing, Scale up and Technology Transfer
• Packaging and Sustainability
• Medical Affairs
• Sales and Business Development
• Information Systems & Technology
• Executive Appointments
HRS has been awarded membership to the REC (Recruitment and Employment Confederation) and APSCo (Association of Professional Staffing Companies). This is to assure all clients and candidates that our processes and practices comply with all relevant government and recruitment industry regulations.
Lord Sugar, Ricky Martin and everyone at HRS look forward to working with you. Please do not hesitate to visit our website www.hyperec.com or contact us via
Telephone: 02032 255 120
Or any of the social media routes below:
- 0203 910 2980
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert