Are you an experienced Health and Safety Manager looking for an exciting new job opportunity?
We are currently looking for a Health and Safety Manager to join a leading scientific company based in the Midlothian area.
As the Health and Safety Manager, you will be the primary internal 'competent adviser' for health and safety and will be responsible for contributing to a positive health and safety culture and to assist colleagues to work more safely.
You will provide expert advice and support to the Board, Scientific Management and all levels of colleagues in order to achieve legislative compliance and to embed effective occupational health and safety management systems.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Health and Safety Manager will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. You will be the main point of contact for information, advice and guidance on all matters relating to specialist Health and Safety to ensure institutional compliance. This will include liaising and co-ordinating as necessary with statutory regulators to enable facilities to pass statutory inspections.
2. You will be responsible for ensuring biological safety controls are compliant with key HSE guidance (e.g. ACDP and SACGM), and also that agricultural and engineering facilities (fabrication and light repairs) have in place fit-for-purpose safety management systems (e.g. in accordance with the ILO guidance standard Safety and health in agriculture).
3. As the Health and Safety Manager, you will assist with investigation, analysis and evaluation of accidents, injuries, incidents of work-related illness, dangerous occurrences and near misses and coordination of preventative measures to prevent re-occurrence.
4. Additionally, you will be responsible for the leadership and management of the staff employed in your designated area of responsibility, including through the following: act as the designated line manager for staff on issues including conduct and discipline, performance management, attendance management, staff appraisal, and staff development.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Health and Safety Manager we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Degree or equivalent in a relevant subject area (i.e. an Occupational Safety and Health (OSH) qualification). A degree in Biological Sciences and/or a current professional member of IOSH at Graduate level or Chartered level and above would be highly advantageous.
2. Proven industry experience in a similar Health & Safety Manager role, with knowledge of current H&S practice and legislation is essential. Experience working within biomedical science, laboratories or a medical environment would be beneficial.
3. You will also need to have experience of writing policies, standards and risk assessments, as well as experience of incident investigation with a focus on root cause analysis.
Key Words: Health and Safety Manager | Safety Management | Root Cause Analysis | Biological Science | Pharmaceutical | Biomedical Laboratories | Occupational Safety and Health
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for talent development. We therefore welcome applications for any interested parties who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment professionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.