Quality Assurance Specialist (QA)Salary:
For this QA role, you will need a relevant Science degree and ideally to be Internal auditor/Lead auditor qualified. HACCP/Food Safety Level 3 certification would be great!
The ideal candidate will require experience in complaint reduction and a broad understanding of different manufacturing technologies (eg. dry powder blending, can/sachet filling, aseptic liquid, infant requirements, zoning).
Experience of implementing Quality Assurance programmes is essential.
As part of this QA Specialist role, you will act as the Production teams' HACCP leader. Quality Assurance Specialist
On behalf of our client, we are looking to recruit a QA Specialist.
Quality Specialists support the factory and our client's co-manufacturers in particular areas of expertise (e.g. food safety, traceability, HACCP, auditing, hygiene, pest control, chemical contaminants, microbiology food safety, sensory, thermal processing, statistical process control, net content management etc.)The role:
As a QA Specialist, your responsibilities will consist of:
- Promote the development of the competency of quality staff
- Be a champion of quality awareness and commitment to quality across the site
- Implement operational objectives in collaboration with our Quality Manager
- Define and update specific quality procedures, tools & instructions in the area of technical expertise
- Contribute to and follow-up on quality-related KPIs
- Act as HACCP team leader for the on-site production facility
- Assist & provide support to the Continuous Excellence program with the end goal of zero defect production
- Aid the achievement of compliance with the wider company's QMS (Quality Management System)
- Lead Kosher and Halal compliance
- Participate in, and sometimes lead the audits of our co-manufacturers
- Support site readiness for audits, both internal and external
- Organise, perform and coordinate GMP audits
- Carry out troubleshooting and corrective action follow-up of non-conformities
- Degree or equivalent in Food/Nutrition, Biochemistry, Chemistry, Microbiology or other related degree discipline
- Internal auditor qualified (required), or lead auditor would be even better!
- HACCP & Food Safety Level 3 certified
- Experience in successfully implementing quality assurance programmes is essential
- Have previously participated in complaint reduction projects, non-conformance management and root cause analysis
- Possess a broad understanding of different manufacturing technologies, e.g. dry powder blending, can/sachet filling, aseptic liquid, infant requirements, zoning.
- Be able to motivate, support and develop team members to achieve your & their goals
- Possess great problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Have a keen eye for detail with the ability to spot gaps & areas to improve within
- Be able to establish working relationships with departments successfully, as well as markets and factories
- Be results driven!
- Have proficiency in IT (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Databases)
What you'll get back:
- Excel in organisation and prioritisation skills
- Competitive salary DOE
- 25 days annual leave + bank holidays and Christmas shut down too!
- Discretionary bonus
- Gym membership
- Employer pension contribution (3% rising to 5% subject to qualifying period then matched to a max. of 10%). Employee minimum contributions apply.
- Private healthcare scheme
- Bike to work scheme