Are you an experienced Scientific Buyer or hold a Life Sciences PhD with laboratory and commercial experience looking for an exciting new job opportunity?
We are currently looking for a Scientific Buyer to join an expanding company based in the Glasgow area on a hybrid basis.
This is a unique role where you will be responsible for managing capital equipment and services purchases. You will utilise your procurement skills and experience to facilitate our customers through end-to-end procurement.
The role of Scientific Buyer is dynamic and entrepreneurial, you will be working closely with both external customers and suppliers at operational and strategic levels whilst delivering excellent customer service.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Scientific Buyer will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. You will be responsible for supporting customers in the biotechnology sector with procurement of technical products in their laboratory which will include negotiating both repeat and one-off equipment purchases as well as equipment maintenance contracts.
2. Additionally, you will liaise with key stakeholders to determine product and service specifications required before investigating the market and managing the buying process, evaluating options to make the best value decisions for their business.
3. As the Scientific Buyer, you will become an expert in each equipment category, building your knowledge over time to provide real expertise and guide buying decisions.
4. You will also demonstrate effective stakeholder management skills with the ability to influence suppliers and customers.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Scientific Buyer we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant Masters degree or PhD in a Life Sciences/Biotechnology subject with laboratory experience and ideally some commercial experience (sales, business development, etc).
2. An outgoing and tenacious personality with a strong sense of determination, who enjoys a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment and is looking to make an impact on the overall business.
3. You will also need to have commercial awareness and an analytical mindset.
Key Words: Scientific Buyer | Procurement | Life Science | Biotechnology | Buying
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for talent development. We therefore welcome applications for any interested parties who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment professionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.