CK Group are currently recruiting for an Industrial Chemist to join the manufacturing department within a leading large scale chemical company. This role is offered on a full-time permanent basis and comes with a salary of £35,000 or more depending on experience.
This company provides world class contract manufacturing services to global leaders in the agrochemical, fine and speciality chemical sector. They focus on delivering customer needs while utilising its broad assets and technology base underpinned by its quality driven project management. Your main responsibilities in this role will be to:
In order to be considered for this role, you will be required to have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- Provide Technical chemistry and Expertise with a problem solving and troubleshooting service to the Norwich Manufacturing Organisation.
- Propose and validate process improvements and to provide expert technical input into the design and development of new and existing plant, processes or products on the Norwich site.
- Audit plant performance standards of Environment, Quality, Reliability, Capacity and Cost.
- Work within a Technical Support team with defined responsibility for several Production Plants in support of the Plant Managers
- Have daily contact with Manufacturing Organisation, communicating and influencing to provide the technical support for the operation and optimisation of several processes.
- Undertake all necessary laboratory & investigative studies & evaluations to support existing and future manufacturing
- Qualified to degree or equivalent in chemistry.
- Significant experience including formal training, in the technology, unit operations and systems of chemical production (analytical, chemical, economic, engineering, environmental, legal, personnel and safety). Experience of industrialisation preferred.
- A creative innovative, team player, determined, open person able to demonstrate a high level of scientific ability and independence of thought
- Able to demonstrate effective leadership, with excellent verbal and written communication and good organisational skills.
An excellent benefits package is offered, including healthcare, 25 days leave plus bank holidays, and a substantial performance based bonus. Relocation support may be offered depending on the candidate.
If successful you will be joining a company with more than 50 years expertise and an established reputation for manufacturing excellence and dependability.Apply:
It is essential that applicants hold entitlement to work in the UK. Please quote job reference 55319 in all correspondence.