Senior IRM Specialist
- Science Solutions Recruitment
- Merseyside, Liverpool
- Pension, Bonus, Healthcare, Gym
- Closing date
- 18 Apr 2023
- Food Science
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Job Title: Senior Ingredient & Recipe Specialist (IRM Manager)
Salary: Competitive DOE
Location: Liverpool area
For this senior role, you will be working with one of our clients in the Liverpool area who manufacture food & nutritional products as part of the FMCG industries. The successful IRM candidate will have worked previously in a similar role, with good knowledge of finished products, ingredients and processes involved with manufacturing. You will have a Science degree (BSc or MSc) and certificates within HACCP/Food Safety would be beneficial. For this IRM role, you will have experience of working with recipe management and development computer programs and software, and with this will have a robust analytical mindset and brilliant attention to detail.
Ingredient & Recipe Management (IRM - Senior level) Specialist
This position will report directly in to the IRM Manager, and will be responsible for the delivery of the company's global portfolio as compared to all relevant regulatory compliance, quality and safety legislation and requirements.
- Organise and lead IRM activities related to compliance, complexity reduction and ingredient and recipe (IRM) management at factory level
- Mentor and train staff within the Ingredient and Recipe team
- Ensure that the compliance processes are applied to new and existing products
- Assist the NPD team with developing compliant formulations within nutritional, legislative and safety requirements
- Oversee stability monitoring programmes for Renovation and Innovation projects at the launch stage
- Be of assistance with maintaining the recipe databases, mainly by inputting raw material specification information into them & developing the existing system to meet ever-evolving requirements
- You will be responsible for defining corrective actions/CAPAs in the case of non-compliance, and providing follow-up info to make certain that any compliance issues are resolved
- Support the specifications team in approval & selection of raw materials according to our defined internal standards
- Ensure marketing literature and labels are definitely compliant
The perfect candidate will have a proven track record working in a similar role, which required them to have great knowledge of finished products, ingredients and manufacturing processes. They will have a degree (or equivalent) in a Science subject and it would be great if the person held HACCP and Food Safety certificates. The candidate should have experience of working with recipe management and development software, therefore having a strong analytical mindset and excellent attention to detail.
We really want you to have a motivated and proactive mindset so that you can excel in parts of the role which require you to work autonomously. You will also be interacting with various stakeholders both in the business and externally, therefore excellent communication skills are required. Finally, as the company's products aim to keep up-to-date with the ever-changing lifestyle demands of our customers with cutting edge research, having respect for standards and a passion for consumers would be an excellent benefit.
What you'll get from the company!
- Very competitive salary within the industry
- 25 days annual leave - plus bank holidays and also Christmas shut down
- Discretionary company bonus
- Gym membership scheme
- Employer pension contribution (3% rising to 5% subject to qualifying period then matched to a maximum of 10%) subject to minimum contributions from yourself.
- Private healthcare - subject to qualifying period
- Bike-to-work scheme
Or, contact Ben Molyneux at Science Solutions Recruitment on 01925 599 947 / for more information.
Science Solutions is a best in class recruitment consultancy, working solely with, and within, the scientific and technical industry sectors. Each of our consultants is an expert in a niche scientific market area, ensuring that we have the understanding and ability to represent you and your experience in the most effective way possible within the job market.
- 01925 377815
Birchwood Business Park,
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert