We are currently looking for a Senior Scientist Biocatalysis / Immobilisation to join a an innovative company who aim to revolutionise the synthesis of biomolecules using immobilised enzymes. The company is based in the Central London area.
As the Senior Scientist Biocatalysis / Immobilisation you will be responsible for leading your team to ensure immobilising of enzymes to maximise their reaction potential using the companies core technology.
This is a great opportunity for a driven scientist to join pioneers in enzyme immobilisation and find answers to questions that are revolutionising it's application in industrial biotechnology today.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Senior Scientist Biocatalysis / Immobilisation will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. You will work with autonomy setting up, analysing, and troubleshooting enzyme immobilisation experiments.
2. You will work collaboratively across an interdisciplinary team of enzymologists, data engineers, and apply your understanding of handling, measuring, and characterising immobilised enzymes to make data-led decisions.
3. You will lead project based work, train members and guide the wider team regarding enzyme immobilisation, and contribute towards their personal development.
4. You will play a key role in making contributions towards the technical direction of the Matrix Team, and ensure the standard and timely reporting of all SOPs and internal/external reports.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Senior Scientist Biocatalysis / Immobilisation we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant degree in Chemistry. A PhD is desirable.
2. Proven industry experience in leading projects and small teams.
3. A working knowledge and practical experience with biocatalysis, immobilised enzymes and flow-reactors.
Key Words: Biocatalysis | Catalysis | Enzymes | Cell-Free Manufacturing | Flow-Reactors | Flow Reactors | Chemistry | Biotechnology | Senior Scientist | Biotech | London | Optimisation |
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for talent development. We therefore welcome applications for any interested parties who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment professionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.