NoBACZ Healthcare Ltd. is seeking a talented and motivated Laboratory and Manufacturing Manager with extensive experience to join our team in Cambridge, UK.
As a University of Cambridge spin-out company, we are pioneering antibiotic-free veterinarian wound care products and are preparing to launch our first product. The successful candidate will play a key role in developing and implementing R&D projects, overseeing lab operations, and managing the transfer of lab processes to our manufacturing partner.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinating with CEO and CIO to define R&D projects, estimate timelines and resources required. Leading and executing R&D projects in the lab, ensuring deliverables are met within given timeline and budget and identifying and managing project risks.
- Preparing and maintaining project documentation and reports and aligning research activities with company goals.
- Aid the Clinical Research and Data Manager in the creation of a scientific and veterinary clinical database / data room. Oversight of data acquisition and management for R&D projects, including electronic lab books and external data.
- Overseeing data processing for external reporting, regulatory processes, and dissemination of results. Ensuring compliance with Health and Safety regulations, SOPs, and labelling regulations.
- Managing the budget and resources for R&D activities and reporting any future needs or risks to CEO and CFO. Assisting in the submission of grant applications and managing existing ones to meet project milestones.
- Communicating project progress and findings to CEO through departmental reporting on a monthly basis.
- Continuing the development and implementation of lab QC protocols.
- Developing and implementing lab chemistry processes for transfer to manufacturing CMO, liaising with production, QC, and engineering teams to ensure successful transfer.
- Ensuring batch release protocols are followed at CMOs and necessary testing and documentation is completed.
- Maintaining a deep understanding of chemistry processes to inform and optimize the manufacturing process.
- Staying current with industry developments and trends in manufacturing and continuously improving processes to increase efficiency and reduce costs.
- Troubleshooting quality control issues and ensuring compliance with industry standards and regulations.
- Liaising with the Product Marketing Manager to firm up manufacturing slots with CMOs for the timely delivery of finished product.
- Position requires occasional travel (10%)
- Must have the right to work in the UK at the point of job application
Skills and Qualifications:
- Degree in Chemistry or Pharmacy (or related field). Prior knowledge of natural polymer chemistry, manufacturing processes with solvents, and/or transition metal chemistry is advantageous but not essential.
- Hands-on Laboratory or Manufacturing Experience
- 3 years of operational and project management experience in academia or industry
- Experience in data management and traceability
- Knowledge of Regulatory, Quality Assurance, and/or Health & Safety regulations
- Budget management experience
- Proactive attention to detail and prioritizing skills
- Ability to build and lead teams, work at a fast pace, and deliver results
- Problem-solving skills and the ability to deal with ambiguity and complex situations
- Strong project management skills, attention to detail, situational fluency, influence, and perseverance to handle challenging situations at all levels of management
- Experience working in an agile development environment
- A solution-oriented, creative, and innovative mindset
- Ability to understand the Business needs and be product-focused at all times
This is an excellent opportunity to join a hugely successful organisation that is on an exciting journey. If you feel you have the skills and experience to excel in this position, please apply by sending a CV and Covering letter, detailing how your skills and experience can apply to the role, via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
We are looking to make an appointment as soon as possible and will be short-listing candidates to interview on a week-by-week basis.
We encourage you to apply soon as advertising may close before the closing date