Laboratory and Manufacturing Manager
- NoBACZ Healthcare
- Cambridge, UK
- Closing date
- 14 Apr 2023
- Chemistry, Healthcare, Management, Medicinal Chemistry, Pharmaceutical, Polymers, Research, Development
- Contract Type
- Full Time
NoBACZ Healthcare Ltd. is seeking a talented and motivated Laboratory and Manufacturing Manager with extensive experience to join our team in Cambridge, UK.
As a University of Cambridge spin-out company, we are pioneering antibiotic-free veterinarian wound care products and are preparing to launch our first product. The successful candidate will play a key role in developing and implementing R&D projects, overseeing lab operations, and managing the transfer of lab processes to our manufacturing partner.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinating with CEO and CIO to define R&D projects, estimate timelines and resources required. Leading and executing R&D projects in the lab, ensuring deliverables are met within given timeline and budget and identifying and managing project risks.
- Preparing and maintaining project documentation and reports and aligning research activities with company goals.
- Aid the Clinical Research and Data Manager in the creation of a scientific and veterinary clinical database / data room. Oversight of data acquisition and management for R&D projects, including electronic lab books and external data.
- Overseeing data processing for external reporting, regulatory processes, and dissemination of results. Ensuring compliance with Health and Safety regulations, SOPs, and labelling regulations.
- Managing the budget and resources for R&D activities and reporting any future needs or risks to CEO and CFO. Assisting in the submission of grant applications and managing existing ones to meet project milestones.
- Communicating project progress and findings to CEO through departmental reporting on a monthly basis.
- Continuing the development and implementation of lab QC protocols.
- Developing and implementing lab chemistry processes for transfer to manufacturing CMO, liaising with production, QC, and engineering teams to ensure successful transfer.
- Ensuring batch release protocols are followed at CMOs and necessary testing and documentation is completed.
- Maintaining a deep understanding of chemistry processes to inform and optimize the manufacturing process.
- Staying current with industry developments and trends in manufacturing and continuously improving processes to increase efficiency and reduce costs.
- Troubleshooting quality control issues and ensuring compliance with industry standards and regulations.
- Liaising with the Product Marketing Manager to firm up manufacturing slots with CMOs for the timely delivery of finished product.
- Position requires occasional travel (10%)
- Must have the right to work in the UK at the point of job application
Skills and Qualifications:
- Degree in Chemistry or Pharmacy (or related field). Prior knowledge of natural polymer chemistry, manufacturing processes with solvents, and/or transition metal chemistry is advantageous but not essential.
- Hands-on Laboratory or Manufacturing Experience
- 3 years of operational and project management experience in academia or industry
- Experience in data management and traceability
- Knowledge of Regulatory, Quality Assurance, and/or Health & Safety regulations
- Budget management experience
- Proactive attention to detail and prioritizing skills
- Ability to build and lead teams, work at a fast pace, and deliver results
- Problem-solving skills and the ability to deal with ambiguity and complex situations
- Strong project management skills, attention to detail, situational fluency, influence, and perseverance to handle challenging situations at all levels of management
- Experience working in an agile development environment
- A solution-oriented, creative, and innovative mindset
- Ability to understand the Business needs and be product-focused at all times
This is an excellent opportunity to join a hugely successful organisation that is on an exciting journey. If you feel you have the skills and experience to excel in this position, please apply by sending a CV and Covering letter, detailing how your skills and experience can apply to the role, via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
We are looking to make an appointment as soon as possible and will be short-listing candidates to interview on a week-by-week basis.
We encourage you to apply soon as advertising may close before the closing date
Precision Liquid Bandages (also termed barrier dressings) were invented by Drs Jonathan Powell, Nuno Faria, Carlos Bastos and Will Thom at the University of Cambridge. The IP was filed by the University and a first scientific publication followed entitled ‘Robust rapid‑setting antibacterial liquid bandages’(1). The value of the product was demonstrated in a proof-of-concept trial on dairy cows with the disease, digital dermatitis. This approach could address the significant impact this disease has on economic productivity in dairy farming and quality of life of the animals.
In November 2020, NoBACZ Healthcare was established by the inventors and their co-founding business partners, Liam Eves and Kym Denny Eves. The company was awarded an Innovate UK grant and drew investment from several sources including Cambridge Enterprise, Martlet Capital and a group of Angel Investors.
Following a successful two and quarter years of further product development, testing and use trials, NoBACZ is positioned to release its ProTechX (pronounced Pro-Tex) range of Precision Liquid Bandages, starting with ProTechX Bovine. To take forward our launch, and to continue development of other ProTechX products, NoBACZ raised a full seed round of £1.8M in equity plus £860,000 from Innovate UK. We are delighted to have the Yield Lab join us as lead investor, alongside the same investors from the pre-seed raise.
NoBACZ’s Precision Liquid Bandages will change the way that we care for animals and, ultimately, humans. Our products are innovative and adaptable. They set on application and are inherently antimicrobial but are antibiotic free. The products prevent microbial ingress or biofilm formation on their surfaces, but do not leach or treat the wound. They are lick proof and water resistant and do not require removing as they remove themselves over time. And they are composed of only sustainable and safe components that are all food or feed grade. They can be used over pre-applied antiseptic, such as iodine, or over pre-applied veterinary medicinal products such as topical antibiotics. Precision Liquid Bandages thrive in extreme environments, from the demands of the modern dairy farm through to all-weather outdoor pursuits, every bit as much as they do in a clean hospital or home environment.
(1)Bastos, C.A., et al., 2020. Robust rapid-setting antibacterial liquid bandages. Scientific reports, 10(1), pp.1-8
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert