We are currently looking for an Automation Engineer to join a leading biopharmaceutical company based in the London area. As the Automation Engineer you will be responsible for designing, developing and maintaining process control and monitoring systems in a manufacturing GMP environment.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Automation Engineer will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1 Implement and carry out change controls, CAPAs, and Deviations for automated GMP systems and equipment.
2. Lead and contribute in evaluating new technology and process automation for use in a GMP manufacturing.
3. Develop, review and approve Preventive Maintenance Plans, Standard Operating Procedures, IQ/OQs, and commissioning protocols.
4. Responsible for the site PLC-based Control System, Building Management Systems, and Environmental Monitoring System.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Automation Engineer we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant degree in an Engineering discipline in mechanical, chemical, or electrical disciplines with minimum 5 years' experience, ideally 8+ years supporting or developing automated systems.
2. Proven industry experience in pharmaceutical/ biopharmaceutical drug substance manufacturing environments and processes
3. A working knowledge and practical understanding of automation standards and architecture addressing batch process control, such as S88, and related automation systems, including process control systems, manufacturing execution systems, process data historians, and laboratory information management systems.
Key Words: Manufacturing | GMP | Biopharmaceutical | Engineering | Automation