CK Group are recruiting for a Laboratory Technician to join an environmental testing company at their site based in Consett, on an initial contract basis. The Company:
The company offers a broad range of accredited analytical testing to support a wide range of testing requirements for a range of industries, including water treatment, medical device manufacturers, industrial water companies, environmental consultants and more. You will ensure that the work load is organised and up to date, and will operate instrumentation to produce accurate results. Location:
This role is based at the company's site in Consett, commutable by road from surrounding areas including Stanley, Durham, Gateshead and more.Laboratory Technician Role:
Your main duties will be:
- Preparation and extraction of analytical samples and reagents including basic analysis using classical wet chemistry techniques in accordance with laboratory test procedures.
- Basic laboratory testing where appropriate.
- The calculation of results.
- Ensuring Health and Safety procedures are adhered to.
The ideal candidate for this role will have the following skills and experience:
- HNC minimum; degree preferred in a science related subject.
- Proven industry-based operational experience of laboratory work in a similar field.
- Experience of operating GCMS, GCFID, IC or LCMS - essential.
It is essential that applicants hold entitlement to work in the UK. Please quote job reference 55233 in all correspondence.