Marketing Executive Events
- Royal Society of Chemistry
- Cambridge, Cambridgeshire (GB)
- £38,389 - £42,652 per annum
- Closing date
- 2 Apr 2023
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Job Type: Full-time, Fixed term contract (12-month Maternity Cover)
Hybrid (from Cambridge) or Remote
About the RSC
The Royal Society of Chemistry is a not-for-profit organisation whose mission is to advance chemical sciences. As a not-for-profit publisher, we reinvest surplus funds back into the global scientific community, supporting our purpose to help the chemical science community make the world a better place.
The RSC strives to continuously innovate its product and services to adapt to market and customer needs, maintain relevancy and diversify revenues from print journals. This requires a market-led and ‘outside-in’ thinking approach to product and service innovation.
At the Royal Society of Chemistry, we promote a healthy work/life balance and flexible working options across the organisation. We offer a comprehensive benefits package to all employees including:
- 26 days paid holiday per annum
- 35-hour working week with flexible options
- Enhanced maternity and paternity leave
- Paid volunteering days
- Pension plan with up to 12% employer contributions (depending upon your contribution)
- Life assurance at four times basic annual salary
Would you like your knowledge of marketing to go global in a big way?
The Royal Society of Chemistry is looking for a highly skilled events marketing specialist to join our marketing team at an exciting period of development.
As Marketing Executive, Events, you will focus on impact. You will be expected to develop close relationships with both customers and colleagues, including those based overseas. You will work collaboratively with internal stakeholders and external organisations to interpret event vision and objectives into delivery and evaluation of marketing activity.
You will be part of a team of marketers all passionate about making a difference through what they do and alongside stakeholders around the business, and teams of specialists in-house, to oversee event marketing campaign activity from concept, through delivery, to evaluation.
The Royal Society of Chemistry is a global organisation, and we want to be sure that our support reaches everyone in the right way, including connecting our audiences through scientific events. A crucial part of your role will be to focus on the promotion of our scientific conferences and symposia to international audiences across both industry and academia.
We are looking for someone with:
- a relevant degree and a commitment to ongoing professional development
- the ability to plan, deliver and evaluate international events marketing campaign activity to time and budget
- good, practical knowledge of marketing promotion methods, practices and techniques, and the skill to apply them across all channels and tactics
- an inspiring, international approach to marketing, who can tailor plans to specific audiences and regions to encourage action
- strong organisational skills – you must be able to multi-task, prioritise and deliver key tasks to deadline, and be able to adapt to changing demands in a fast-moving and complex business environment
- initiative, with the ability to work independently, as part of a team, and with stakeholders at all levels across the business
- an aptitude for problem-solving to improve delivery
- knowledge of scientific communications
Does this sound like you? If so, we would love to hear from you.
You can download the full job description here.
If you are interested in this role, please apply before the end of the closing date. When applying, you will need to provide an up-to-date CV and a supporting statement (no more than 500 words) indicating how your skills/ expertise match the competencies outlined in the Job Description.
As an organisation we are embracing hybrid working, and homeworking/remote working in the UK could be considered for this role. Applicants should be aware that there is an expectation that employees will attend the office as needed for their role.
Visit our Work For Us website to learn more about us, our benefits, equal opportunities statement and inclusive culture pledge.
The Royal Society of Chemistry is the largest organisation in Europe for advancing excellence in the chemical sciences. Supported by a worldwide network of members and an international publishing business, our activities span education, conferences, science policy and the promotion of chemistry to the public.
The RSC has a broad range of diverse career opportunities. Our teams are highly motivated and successful with our employees citing 'the people' as the best thing about working at the RSC. Working for the RSC provides a great opportunity to keep up to date with the latest developments in science without working in a lab.
- Royal Society of Chemistry
- 01223 432441
Thomas Graham House
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert