Currently recruiting for a Manufacturing Manager for a leading materials manufacturer based in the Cambridgeshire area. As a Manufacturing Manager you will be responsible for leading a manufacturing team up to around 80 in the manufacturing of advanced materials. This includes developing and implementing the production plan to ensure all targets are achieved, as well as overseeing the operational introduction of new processes and products. As a Manufacturing Manager, you will also be responsible for monitoring product quality standards to ensure a high level of manufacturing quality is achieved in line with customer timelines. You will also champion health and safety within the manufacturing team and drive continuous improvement activities.
To be considered for this Manufacturing Manager you will be degree qualified in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, or closely related subject. You will also have significant previous manufacturing, operations or production experience within the chemicals, materials or polymers industry with managerial experience of leading teams across a diverse range of technologies. Key Responsibilities
Knowledge and Experience
- Develop and implement the production plan annually, leading the manufacturing team of up to circa 80 staff.
- Ensure manufactured products meet the required quality, and in line with agreed customer time frames.
- Responsible for overseeing the operations introduction of new processes and products.
- Drive continuous improvement activities through implementing change management process.
- Champion health and safety within the manufacturing team, ensuring all EHS legislation is followed.
- Support senior management with CAPEX decisions.
- Degree educated in Chemistry, Chemical Engineer, or closely related subject.
- Significant manufacturing experience within the chemicals, materials, or polymers sector.
- Previous proven experience of managing operations/production teams.
- Excellent planning and leadership skills.
- Ability to manage multiple manufacturing projects simultaneously.