Currently recruiting for a Quality Engineer for a global materials manufacturer based at their site in Leicestershire. As a Quality Engineer you will be responsible for identifying quality issues, resolving these and introducing quality improvements. This will be via performing root cause analysis and performing corrective and preventive actions to reduce and prevent reoccurring quality issues, improve production efficiency, reduce waste and improve product quality. You will also be responsible for the maintenance of site quality management systems and supporting with internal and external customer and agency audits.
To be considered for this Quality Engineer you will be HNC qualified in Engineering, Materials Science or closely related subject, along with previous industrial experience in a Quality Technician/Engineer position within the manufacturing sectors. Someone from the materials, automotive or aerospace manufacturing sectors would be highly desirable. Ideally you will also have a good working knowledge of FMEA and PPAP, as well as an understanding of Lean Six Sigma principals. Key Responsibilities
Knowledge and Experience
- Identification of quality issues within manufacturing.
- Resolving quality issues and introducing quality improvements.
- Performing root cause analysis and corrective actions to reduce waste, reduce quality issues reoccurring and improving production efficiency.
- Maintain site quality management systems.
- Conduct continuous improvement activities.
- Support with internal and external customer and agency audits.
- Provide training to manufacturing teams to enforce good quality practices.
- Ensure all relevant site HSE are adhered to.
- HNC in Engineering, Materials Science, or closely related subject.
- Previous industrial experience as a Quality Technician/Engineer within manufacturing.
- Someone from the materials, automotive or aerospace manufacturing sectors would be highly desirable.
- Knowledge of PPAP and FMEA, as well as Lean Six Sigma principles would be highly beneficial.
- High attention to detail, with a good level of verbal and written communication essential.
Lead Scientific Recruitment Consultant (Polymers & Coatings) - Science Solutions Recruitment