- Science Solutions Recruitment
- £30000 - £35000 per annum
- Closing date
- 10 Apr 2023
- Quality Assurance
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Currently recruiting for a Quality Engineer for a global materials manufacturer based at their site in Leicestershire. As a Quality Engineer you will be responsible for identifying quality issues, resolving these and introducing quality improvements. This will be via performing root cause analysis and performing corrective and preventive actions to reduce and prevent reoccurring quality issues, improve production efficiency, reduce waste and improve product quality. You will also be responsible for the maintenance of site quality management systems and supporting with internal and external customer and agency audits.
To be considered for this Quality Engineer you will be HNC qualified in Engineering, Materials Science or closely related subject, along with previous industrial experience in a Quality Technician/Engineer position within the manufacturing sectors. Someone from the materials, automotive or aerospace manufacturing sectors would be highly desirable. Ideally you will also have a good working knowledge of FMEA and PPAP, as well as an understanding of Lean Six Sigma principals.
- Identification of quality issues within manufacturing.
- Resolving quality issues and introducing quality improvements.
- Performing root cause analysis and corrective actions to reduce waste, reduce quality issues reoccurring and improving production efficiency.
- Maintain site quality management systems.
- Conduct continuous improvement activities.
- Support with internal and external customer and agency audits.
- Provide training to manufacturing teams to enforce good quality practices.
- Ensure all relevant site HSE are adhered to.
Knowledge and Experience
- HNC in Engineering, Materials Science, or closely related subject.
- Previous industrial experience as a Quality Technician/Engineer within manufacturing.
- Someone from the materials, automotive or aerospace manufacturing sectors would be highly desirable.
- Knowledge of PPAP and FMEA, as well as Lean Six Sigma principles would be highly beneficial.
- High attention to detail, with a good level of verbal and written communication essential.
Lead Scientific Recruitment Consultant (Polymers & Coatings) - Science Solutions Recruitment
Science Solutions is a best in class recruitment consultancy, working solely with, and within, the scientific and technical industry sectors. Each of our consultants is an expert in a niche scientific market area, ensuring that we have the understanding and ability to represent you and your experience in the most effective way possible within the job market.
- 01925 377815
Birchwood Business Park,
Apply for Quality Engineer
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert