CK Group are recruiting for a Senior Chemist on behalf of a well-established, and growing Environmental Analytical Consultancy, to be based at their site in Stanley, on a permanent basis for a starting salary of up to £30,000 per annumJoining the organisation during a period of growth, your responsibilities will include:
To be considered for the position you should:
- Plan and monitor daily workload ensuring deadlines are met by your team
- Prepare and analyse samples using different organic or inorganic analytical techniques including:
- GC-MS, GC-FID, Headspace-GC; or
- ICP-OES/ICP-MS, IC, Skalar, TOC & DOC, Wet chemistry
- Empower your team to calibrate, maintain and troubleshoot problems with instruments
- Ensure your team are keeping logs and NWR’s up to date plus submitting PT results in a timely manner
- Complying with Quality Standards and adhering to Health & Safety
- Proactively contribute ideas for continuous improvement and encourage your team to follow your lead
- Keeping work areas clean and tidy plus general housekeeping duties as requested by the Lab Manager
- Be qualified to BSc level (or possess equivalent experience) in Chemistry or a related subject
- Have proven industry experience of working as an analytical chemist, testing samples using instrumentation including ICP, IC and Skalar.
- Have proven leadership skills.
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Contributory pension scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
It is essential that applicants hold entitlement to work in the UK. Please quote job reference 55200 in all correspondence.