We are currently looking for an Upstream Process Development Group Leader to join a Global Biopharmaceutical company based in Hertfordshire. As the Upstream Process Development Group Leader you will be responsible for leading a mid-sized team of Upstream Process R&D scientists focused on the development of early stage processes for development of their Biological products.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Upstream Development Scientist to take the next step in their career and support the career development of an experienced team focused on Process development using automation and next generation technologies.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Upstream Process Development Group Leader will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. Manage a team of Upstream Process Development researchers, focusing on their career development and performance management. We are looking for a manager that focuses on the professional growth of their team.
2. Serve as the Upstream Process Development lead within wider matrix teams and on cross-functional projects. You will be the subject matter expert and create work packages for lead assets.
3. Lead the development of Upstream Processes, utilising enhanced datasets and cutting edge technologies to de-risk upstream platforms to enable the progression of lead Antibodies and Recombinant Proteins.
4. Work closely with Cell Line Development, Data Analytica and late-stage CMC teams to enhance performance at manufacturing scale.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Upstream Process Development Group Leader we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant degree in a Life Sciences discipline (Biology, Biotechnology, BioEngineering, Molecular Biology etc.) with hands on experience in Upstream Process Development within industry.
2. Proven industry experience in cell culture techniques and platforms including Bioreactors, Ambr systems, perfusion, media development etc.
3. Experience with Line Management is desirable but not required. However, evidence of previous people and team supervision will be highly beneficial to your application.
Key Words: Bioprocess Development | Upstream Process Development | Development of Upstream Processes | USP | Cell Culture Development | Bioreactor | Ambr15 | Ambr250 | Perfusion | Media Development | CMC | R&D | Mammalian Cell Culture | CHO | HEK293 | HEK | Bioprocess Engineer
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for talent development. We therefore welcome applications for any interested parties who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment professionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.