Joining a firm as they commit to establish a UK centre of excellence in process research and development, this is a great opportunity for a new graduate or industry-based Crystallisation Scientist with proven expertise in the isolation of organic molecules - possibly active ingredients for pharmaceutical or agrochemical applications. Based in the North West, the Crystallisation Scientist not only runs the research projects to prove the viability of a new drug which might get produced on large scale, but also works alongside the rest of laboratory team engaged in a full range of small molecule preparation and analysis for excellent career progression. The successful Crystallisation Scientist applicants have already started initial screening interviews so I would like you to apply immediately with a CV (Word document format, 2 pages maximum) so as to not miss out on the opportunity.
Your day to day duties as a Crystallisation Scientist
- Managing and executing your own R&D crystallisation projects
- Gaining training and mentorship from the team of highly qualified chemists
- Influencing the execution of process chemistry projects, particularly in terms of control of physical properties, and application of QbD, statistical analyses, etc
- Managing demanding budgets and timescales, with many projects running simultaneously
- Working on collaborative relationships with clients, providing costings, etc
You will be an ideal candidate with this background:
When choosing your scientific recruitment specialist, why should it be Dr Paul Mears, Head of Chemical recruitment, at Science Solutions?
- A degree, or equivalent, in a relevant scientific field
- A proven track record in crystallisation techniques in academia or industry
- A good team-working approach and excellent written and verbal communication skills
- The desire to continue a high-level of career development
The team I manage here focus solely on matching scientists to positions in the UK speciality chemical industry, and related areas such as drug discovery and agrochemicals, which is where my own experience and network position me best for clients and job seekers alike. Supplemented by a background working in the speciality chemicals and fragrance and flavours sectors, I completed academic studies with a PhD in organic chemistry at the University of Manchester, which came after graduating with a BSc at the University of Leeds' famous Colour & Polymer Chemistry department. Following a short post-doctoral research post I built up seven years' experience in recruiting scientists into new jobs. Full references and testimonials of successful assignments such as Technical Directors, Heads of Operations and quick turnarounds for urgent laboratory needs can be found on my LinkedIn profile - search Paul Mears.