We are recruiting on behalf of an industry leading polymer manufacturer for an R&D Chemist to join their site based in West Yorkshire. As an R&D Chemist you will be responsible for the formulation and development of a wide range of high-performance polymer products for UK markets. This will include the delivery of new product development, which involves assessing the technical and commercial feasibility of new products by carrying out formulation, analysis and testing on new polymer systems.
To be considered for this R&D Chemist, you will be degree educated in Chemistry (MSc, PhD preferred) with 3+ years industrial experience within polymer, coatings or adhesives development. Someone with a computational chemistry and computing background would also be highly advantageous. This is an excellent opportunity to develop yourself in an excellent team, in a state-of-the-art laboratory and manufacturing centre. Key Responsibilities
Knowledge and Experience
- Delivery of new product development projects.
- Asses technical and commercial feasibility of new projects by carrying out formulation, analysis and testing of polymer systems.
- Maintenance of technical data for all development projects worked on.
- Provide expertise professionally to both external customers and internal teams.
- Provide technical support to production, sales and quality teams.
- Minimum BSc in Chemistry, MSc/PhD is preferred.
- 3 years+ previous industrial experience within the polymer development sector - coatings/adhesives/sealants ideally
- Someone with a computational chemistry or computing background would be highly desirable.
- Aptitude for innovation and continuous improvement.