Principal Scientist (Site Support)
- Hyper Recruitment Solutions
- West Yorkshire
- Dependent on experience
- Closing date
- 29 Mar 2023
- Analytical, Chemistry, Pharmaceutical
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Are you an experienced Analytical Team Leader or Principal looking for a new exciting job opportunity?
We are currently looking for a Principal Scientist to join a leading pharmaceutical company based in the West Yorkshire area.
As the Principal Scientist, you will develop and supervise others in the development of suitably rugged physical and chemical analytical methods that will determine all necessary product parameters, including physical characteristics, determination of active, degradation products, preservatives, and, if necessary, volatiles using the most suitable analytical instruments available to the company.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Principal Scientist will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. You will be responsible for overseeing the development, validation and transfer activities associated with non-complex to complex analytical methods and individually investigate or lead investigations to successfully resolve analytical problems, project issues and deviations.
2. You will also plan and manage all analytical activities in support of early new product development (feasibility, prototype, method development, early compatibility studies, raw material evaluation, COSHH assessments). As the analytical team leader, you will also attend and present data at project-related meetings, interact with internal and external parties to ensure objectives are met.
3. As the Principal Scientist, you will also be responsible for ensuring compliance of all analytical processes, facilities, equipment and activities to applicable cGXPs, regulatory guideline, and company SOPs on a consistent basis. You will be required to conduct routine laboratory audits and involvement in activities associated with third party laboratory audits, as required.
4. When required, you may have to deputise for the manager / R&D Director, to maintain department productivity, KPI's and objectives within the department.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Principal Scientist we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant Life Science, Chemistry or laboratory based science degree is essential.
2. Proven industry experience in a variety of analytical instruments (ideally GC and HPLC) and software utilised for physical and chemical analysis and the ability to develop, document and execute analyses or experiments of moderate complexity is also essential for the Team Leader position.
3. Experience in line managing a team of scientists and good understanding of quality guidelines will be highly advantageous.
Key Words: Analytical Team Leader | Pharmaceutical | Life Science | Chemistry | GxP | GMP | GLP | Quality Assurance | Principal Scientist | R&D
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for talent development. We therefore welcome applications for any interested parties who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment professionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.
Hyper Recruitment Solutions is a specialist and highly compliant recruitment consultancy dedicated to the Science and Technology sectors.
Hyper Recruitment Solutions (HRS), founded and run by Ricky Martin and in partnership with Lord Alan Sugar, has a wealth of recruitment expertise as well as compliance and commercial awareness. We offer a range of permanent, temporary and contract staff.
Our vision is to provide recruitment solutions which will assist in the improvement and quality of life for all. To do so, HRS will focus on the support of sectors whose primary focus is in making the world a better place. This could be working for a Pharmaceutical company who is developing new and existing therapeutics or an FMCG business who is making the latest consumer products in a sustainable and efficient way. We want to provide a service to those areas of actual need which will have an impact on us all.
We provide services across a broad range of industries including the following specialist sectors:
• Medical Device
• Clinical Research
• CMO / CRO
• Food / FMCG
With all jobseekers we are looking to form close relationships where we can offer you the most accurate and useful advice. We intend to not only find and present the most ideal career options to you, but we want to provide advice on the entire recruitment process. We are a business who listens and advises and as shown on our website we have a clear ‘candidate commitment’ to ensure your search is in the most professional and capable hands. Some of the key areas we focus on include:
• Quality Assurance (including Qualified Persons)
• Clinical Research (all phases and therapeutic fields)
• Research & Development
• Consumer Insight and Sensory
• Lean and Continuous Improvement
• Engineering (all disciplines)
• Manufacturing, Scale up and Technology Transfer
• Packaging and Sustainability
• Medical Affairs
• Sales and Business Development
• Information Systems & Technology
• Executive Appointments
HRS has been awarded membership to the REC (Recruitment and Employment Confederation) and APSCo (Association of Professional Staffing Companies). This is to assure all clients and candidates that our processes and practices comply with all relevant government and recruitment industry regulations.
Lord Sugar, Ricky Martin and everyone at HRS look forward to working with you. Please do not hesitate to visit our website www.hyperec.com or contact us via
Telephone: 02032 255 120
Or any of the social media routes below:
- 0203 910 2980
Apply for Principal Scientist (Site Support)
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert