Job Type: Full-time, permanent
Home-based within the UK
About the RSC
The Royal Society of Chemistry is a not-for-profit organisation whose mission is to advance chemical sciences. As a not-for-profit publisher, we reinvest surplus funds back into the global scientific community, supporting our purpose to help the chemical science community make the world a better place.
The RSC strives to continuously innovate its product and services to adapt to market and customer needs, maintain relevancy and diversify revenues from print journals. This requires a market-led and ‘outside-in’ thinking approach to product and service innovation. As an ideal candidate, you will have a keen eye for gaps in consumer product offerings and the innovative mindset to fill them.
At the Royal Society of Chemistry, we promote a healthy work/life balance and flexible working options across the organisation. We offer a comprehensive benefits package to all employees including:
- 26 days paid holiday per annum
- 35-hour working week with flexible options
- Enhanced maternity and paternity leave
- Paid volunteering days
- Pension plan with up to 12% employer contributions (depending upon your contribution)
- Life assurance at four times basic annual salary
We are looking for a Product Manager. It is a very exciting time to join our expanding product management team function. This Product Manager role is a business-critical role to ensure we create, develop and deliver a range of products and services in line with our vision and strategy.
As Product Manager you will support product management capabilities across a range of lines of business. In this role you will focus on user-led product and service delivery. You will also have an opportunity to explore opportunities for innovation across our existing products and services, as well the introduction of new product and service offerings. You will drive the execution of all product lifecycle processes for our products, including product research, market research, competitive analysis, planning, positioning, roadmap development, requirements development, and product launch.
You will be reporting directly to the Head of Product Management and Innovation, but you will be expected to build and maintain close working relationships with the business owner(s). In this role you will be responsible for overseeing all development and procurement in support of the roadmap for product lines for one or more areas of the Royal Society of Chemistry’s business, to create and deliver superior long-term value for our users and for the RSC. The post holder will establish and build strong working relationships with other business units and teams within the organisation. These product management roles will be specifically to help our membership, communities and events stay relevant, connected, with a focus on continually improving our digital experience and customer lifetime value. They are key to helping the Royal Society of Chemistry achieve digital competitiveness.
The Royal Society of Chemistry is an organisation with a strong sense of purpose to advance excellence in the chemical sciences. This is an opportunity to use your skills as a product manager, to support and develop a community whose impact is incredible. Developing medicines, vaccines and diagnostics when the world needs them most – to improve the lives of people around the world now and in the future.
What we are looking for:
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- High degree of commercial acumen, understand of market analysis, proposition design and entrepreneurial spirit to ensure products deliver on-going sales or customer value growth.
- Demonstrable experience in full lifecycle product management and backlog prioritisation while demonstrating a business outcomes approach to work.
- The ability to understand the wider digital economy and technology trends and see how they impact the product roadmap and drive innovation.
- Technology: An understanding of the technologies required to build a product and how they fit together.
- Excellent working relationships with development and UX design teams (in-house or external suppliers) to communicate and deliver on requirements is essential. Hands-on experience of agile software development and delivery processes.
- Exemplary customer focus and a passion for delivering products that deliver customer value. The ability to translate complex issues in terms of customer needs and to apply best practice in the area of user research. Able to interpret user insight and act on it.
A full job description is available here.
If you are interested in this role, please apply before the end of the closing date. When applying, you will need to provide an up-to-date CV and a supporting statement (no more than 500 words) indicating how your skills/ expertise match the competencies outlined in the Job Description.
As an organisation we are embracing hybrid working, and homeworking/remote working in the UK could be considered for this role. Applicants should be aware that there is an expectation that employees will attend the office as needed for their role.
Visit our Work For Us website to learn more about us, our benefits, equal opportunities statement and inclusive culture pledge.
If you are interested in this role, please apply before the end of the closing date.
If you have any questions, please contact us at email@example.com