This is a great job opportunity for an experienced synthetic/process chemist with proven industrial scale-up/process expertise to step up into a Project/Team Leader position based within the speciality chemistry community. The Project Leader plays an important hybrid lab/office-based role, overseeing synthetic chemistry execution and representing the company at client and conference meetings. The successful appointment will build upon a synthetic, process and project management skillset relating to high value fine chemical project management, for excellent career progression potential leading to formal management positions.
Your day to day duties as the Project Leader
- Assessing and execution of client chemistry to efficiency, safety and costing criteria
- Optimisation of the scale-up chemistry projects
- Use of Design of Experiment
- Meeting clients and presenting at conferences
You will be an ideal candidate with this background:
- A degree, or equivalent, in a relevant organic chemistry field
- A track record in synthetic route design and execution in industry
- A good team-working approach and excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Some project management qualifications, such as Six Sigma
- The desire to continue a high-level of career development
This client is already shortlisting for the role so I would like you to apply immediately with a CV (Word document format, 2 pages maximum) so as to not miss out on the opportunity.
Note my client is unable to sponsor visas for those without eligibility to work in the UK. When choosing your scientific recruitment specialist, why should it be Dr Paul Mears, Head of Chemical recruitment, at Science Solutions?
The team I manage here focus solely on matching scientists to positions in the UK speciality chemical industry, and related areas such as drug discovery and agrochemicals, which is where my own experience and network position me best for clients and job seekers alike. Supplemented by a background working in the speciality chemicals and fragrance and flavours sectors, I completed academic studies with a PhD in organic chemistry at the University of Manchester, which came after graduating with a BSc at the University of Leeds' famous Colour & Polymer Chemistry department. Following a short post-doctoral research post I built up 7 years' experience in recruiting scientists into new jobs. Full references and testimonials of successful assignments such as Technical Directors, Heads of Operations and quick turnarounds for urgent laboratory needs can be found on my LinkedIn profile - search Paul Mears.