R&D Polymer Chemist
- Science Solutions Recruitment
- £24000.00 - £30000.00 per annum
- Closing date
- 22 Mar 2023
Science Solutions Recruitment are currently looking to recruit an R&D Chemist for a Materials Manufacturer in the Surrey area, £24,000-£30,000 annum!
As an R&D Chemist you will be responsible for the development and engineering of new polymer formulation, often with novel polymers or solvents.
In order to be considered for the role of R&D Chemist you must be degree educated as a minimum in Chemistry or a closely related field. You must also have previous experience in Polymers whether in industry or education. Those who possess further skills such as electrospinning will be highly desirable.
- Planning and executing electrospinning production runs.
- Analyse and assess any material products for quality control.
- Ensuring company compliance with all health and safety laws.
- Liaise with R&D and production to manufacture product for customers.
Key skills/essential requirements:
- A degree in Chemistry, Materials, Engineering or Physics (other science degrees with lab/chemical handling experience will be considered).
- Research expertise in polymeric materials processing, additive manufacturing, processing of polymers or polymer composites or other liquid/solution processing.
- Research expertise in materials characterisation, mainly SEM.
- A good understanding of Polymer Dissolution e.g. Hanson Solubility.
- Knowledge and experience of electrospinning would be highly desirable.
- Full right to work in the UK.
Science Solutions is a best in class recruitment consultancy, working solely with, and within, the scientific and technical industry sectors. Each of our consultants is an expert in a niche scientific market area, ensuring that we have the understanding and ability to represent you and your experience in the most effective way possible within the job market.
- 01925 377815
Birchwood Business Park,
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert