- Science Solutions Recruitment
- West Yorkshire
- £50000 - £70000 per annum
- Closing date
- 22 Mar 2023
- Materials Science
- Contract Type
- Full Time
This position is a principle scientist position within the company who will be responsible for the leadership of multiple different projects which are related to fibrous materials. As an Innovation Scientist you will also be responsible for overseeing a multiple project programme for a global client base and work with project teams that consist of multiple scientists with varied material science backgrounds.
You will also manage the scientific output, helping to guide and align the deliverables in-line with client expectations. Being able to apply critical thinking, problem solving and being able to make rational scientific decisions is imperative to success in this role as is the capacity to communicate high-level science appropriate to the audience. Coaching and mentoring colleagues to help them develop new skills is also expected.
- Leading the development and design of new nonwoven products, processed and services.
- Understanding the aims in client and nonwoven application context.
- Understanding of fundamental scientific principles and apply them to solve and problems that may arise.
- Method development (e,g, test or prototyping methods) development new innovative concepts.
- Independent project planning and managing scale-up trials.
- Technical progress assessment and viable decision making to ensure logical progress.
- Leading client update meetings.
- Project management (milestones, risks), management of the project team (internal and client).
- Assisting in the development of technical proposals/pitches to potential and existing clients.
Qualifications and experience
- Must be degree educated at a minimum in Materials Science, textiles or a similar field. PhD highly desirable
- Must possess significant experience in a materials science role
- Any experience with textiles, nonwovens or fabrics is highly desirable
Science Solutions is a best in class recruitment consultancy, working solely with, and within, the scientific and technical industry sectors. Each of our consultants is an expert in a niche scientific market area, ensuring that we have the understanding and ability to represent you and your experience in the most effective way possible within the job market.
- 01925 377815
Birchwood Business Park,
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert