Clinical Supplies Manager
- Hyper Recruitment Solutions
- West Lothian
- Dependent on experience
- Closing date
- 24 Feb 2023
- Clinical Research / Trials , Consumer Products, Drug Delivery, Production and Operations
- Contract Type
- Full Time
We are currently looking for a Clinical Supplies Manager to join a global pharmaceutical company based in Scotland (the role will be remote working from home).
As the Senior Clinical Supplies Manager you will be responsible for providing leadership and support in the planning, development, and execution of clinical supply chain activities and have the ability to drive cross-functional deliverables and manage activities of supply partners and functions (e.g. packaging and distribution, depots, logistics).
The Clinical Supplies Manager is instrumental in timely planning, accurate forecasting and managing investigational supplies for all phases of clinical trials. The position requires flexibility, teamwork, attention to detail and rapid response to issues as they arise
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Clinical Supplies Manager will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. Understand and translate clinical study protocol requirements into demand for drug product within a clinical study. Use simulation tools and supply chain expertise to provide decisions in support of the design of optimized, lean supply chains for individual studies or programs.
2. Create initial study drug projections and supply plans for clinical supply needs throughout life of study including multiple drug campaigns and appropriate drug strategies. Assist in re-forecasting clinical supplies as a result of strategy changes occurring during the study (enrolment per country, number of sites per country, addition of new countries, etc.) to determine and anticipate the impact on supply forecasts and supply plans.
3. Assist in creating a supply plan requiring multiple packaging campaigns as a result of limited drug life (short expiry) or limited available study drug. Provide input to IRT specification design. Recommend IRT threshold levels and optimize as required to make efficient use of clinical supplies while avoiding stock outs at study sites.
4. Works with IRT in creation of system specifications (URS) associated with supply algorithms. Act as Unblinded Study Drug Manager in testing of IRT system (UAT) and throughout life of the study. Monitor and oversee Warehouse and Depot drug levels within IRT throughout study.
5. Establish reports within IRT (blinded / unblinded) that will be required to monitor/track drug usage and drug forecasting throughout project life. Manage drug supply quantities for distribution to designated Warehouses and Depots throughout study.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Clinical Supplies Manager we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant degree in a scientific, supply chain related or similar discipline. In addition, you will demonstrate relevant industry experience with experience in clinical supply management and sound knowledge of the complete clinical supplies life cycle.
2. Experience in supply tracking requirements and systems. Global logistics experience / understanding related to supply chains, import/export and drug depots, comparator or co-therapy product sourcing and project management.
3. A working knowledge and practical experience with International Conference on Harmonization (ICH) guidelines, Good Clinical Practice (GCP), the Code of Federal Regulations (CFR), EMA GMP and GDP Guidelines and a solid understanding of Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP).
Key Words: Clinical Supply | Pharmaceutical | Supply Chain | Logistics
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for talent development. We therefore welcome applications for any interested parties who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment professionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.
Hyper Recruitment Solutions is a specialist and highly compliant recruitment consultancy dedicated to the Science and Technology sectors.
Hyper Recruitment Solutions (HRS), founded and run by Ricky Martin and in partnership with Lord Alan Sugar, has a wealth of recruitment expertise as well as compliance and commercial awareness. We offer a range of permanent, temporary and contract staff.
Our vision is to provide recruitment solutions which will assist in the improvement and quality of life for all. To do so, HRS will focus on the support of sectors whose primary focus is in making the world a better place. This could be working for a Pharmaceutical company who is developing new and existing therapeutics or an FMCG business who is making the latest consumer products in a sustainable and efficient way. We want to provide a service to those areas of actual need which will have an impact on us all.
We provide services across a broad range of industries including the following specialist sectors:
• Medical Device
• Clinical Research
• CMO / CRO
• Food / FMCG
With all jobseekers we are looking to form close relationships where we can offer you the most accurate and useful advice. We intend to not only find and present the most ideal career options to you, but we want to provide advice on the entire recruitment process. We are a business who listens and advises and as shown on our website we have a clear ‘candidate commitment’ to ensure your search is in the most professional and capable hands. Some of the key areas we focus on include:
• Quality Assurance (including Qualified Persons)
• Clinical Research (all phases and therapeutic fields)
• Research & Development
• Consumer Insight and Sensory
• Lean and Continuous Improvement
• Engineering (all disciplines)
• Manufacturing, Scale up and Technology Transfer
• Packaging and Sustainability
• Medical Affairs
• Sales and Business Development
• Information Systems & Technology
• Executive Appointments
HRS has been awarded membership to the REC (Recruitment and Employment Confederation) and APSCo (Association of Professional Staffing Companies). This is to assure all clients and candidates that our processes and practices comply with all relevant government and recruitment industry regulations.
Lord Sugar, Ricky Martin and everyone at HRS look forward to working with you. Please do not hesitate to visit our website www.hyperec.com or contact us via
Telephone: 02032 255 120
Or any of the social media routes below:
- 0203 910 2980
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert