CK Group are recruiting for a Stock Control Chemist to join an environmental and waste management company based in Brownhills, Walsall on a permanent basis.The Company:
Our client is an established and leading company in hazardous and non-hazardous waste management in the West Midlands. They hold ISO14001 accreditation for environmental efficiency and sustainability, in addition to ISO9001 and ISO45001 accreditations. Hours:
The working hours will be 08:00-17:00, 40 hours per week.Location:
This Stock Control Chemist role is located in Greater Birmingham in the West Midlands, easily commutable from Walsall, Stafford, Lichfield, and surrounding areas. Stock Control Chemist Role:
The objective of the role is to maintain stock levels of accepted waste at the facility. Your main duties will be to:
- Ensure waste is appropriately stored in accordance to the relevant guidelines for each type of waste.
- Sampling and supplying accepted waste to internal labs for further analysis or confirm suitability for acceptance.
- Provide outgoing disposal lists of material.
- Liaise with suppliers and achieve best disposal rates and maximize profitability.
- Liaise with the logistics team to maximise utilization of transport fleet.
- Support the Stock Control Manager.
- Ensure accompanying paperwork is correctly completed.
- Ensure compliance with ADR.
- Cover the duties of the Stock Control Administrator when necessary.
The ideal candidate for this role will have
- HNC or Degree level qualification in Chemistry or a related field.
- Experience in the hazardous waste sector
- Knowledge of hazardous waste regulations and the Heath & Work Act 1974, The Management of Health and Safety at Work regulations 1999.
- Experience working to HSG51 and HSG 71 storage specifications.
- Excellent attention to detail.
You will be entitled to 25 days annual leave (plus bank holidays), a pension scheme, life assurance and a cycle to work scheme.Apply:
It is essential that applicants hold entitlement to work in the UK. Please quote job reference 54954 in all correspondence.