CK Group are recruiting for a Senior Chemist to join a chemical manufacturing company at their site based in Reading on a full time, permanent basis. The Company:
Our client manufactures a range of both organic and inorganic specialty chemicals and exports them worldwide. Their manufacturing site has reactors from 100 litres up to 15,000 litres and the company prides themselves on the work they do. They now have a requirement for a Senior Chemist to oversee the day-to-day running of all laboratory operations. Key areas of the role are, but not limited to; analysing samples, conducting research and development, ordering lab supplies, keeping excellent records and more. The company offers a salary of circa £30,000-£35,000 depending on experience, as well as 23 days' holiday + bank holidays. Hours are 9am-5pm.Location:
The Senior Chemist will be based at the company's site in Reading.Your main duties will be:
- Collecting, receiving, labeling, and/ or analyzing samples or substances using the correct testing equipment.
- Designing and executing laboratory testing in line with standard testing procedures, recording observations, and interpreting findings.
- Recording all experimental data and test results accurately and in the specified format (written and/or electronic).
- Organizing and storing all chemical substances and compressed gases according to safety instructions
- Maintaining daily logs and equipment record books.
- Cleaning, maintaining, and calibrating laboratory equipment.
- Ordering laboratory supplies.
- Providing technical support when necessary.
- Keeping up to date with relevant scientific and technical developments.
The ideal candidate for this role will have the following skills and experience:
- Degree qualified or equivalent in chemistry - essential
- Proven industrial experience in an analytical laboratory performing testing and data analysis/ interpretation within various chemical industry sectors - essential
- In-depth theoretical knowledge and practical application of method development, validation and troubleshooting of a range of analytical chemical techniques - essential (ICP or MS especially preferred)
- Strong QC background
- R&D minded
- Happy to take responsibility and ownership of tasks and processes to ensure they are completed successfully and on time
It is essential that applicants hold entitlement to work in the UK. Please quote job reference 55017 in all correspondence.