About the Royal Society of Chemistry:
The Royal Society of Chemistry (RSC) is the world’s leading chemistry community, advancing excellence in the chemical sciences. The UK’s professional body for chemical scientists with over 50,000 members worldwide. We are a £50m-turnover not-for-profit organisation with over 600 staff operating around the world and an award-winning global knowledge business. For over 180 years we have promoted, supported, and celebrated chemistry. We work to shape the future of the chemical sciences – for the benefit of science and humanity.
We have an exceptional diversity of audiences—from teachers, scientists and academics, librarians and corporates to politicians and the public. Our work includes activities focused on our role as a professional body (e.g. supporting members), a publisher (e.g. selling journals, books and databases), and as the voice of the chemical science community (e.g. campaigning to influence government policy).
As an events coordinator for the Royal Society of Chemistry, you will be a key member of our Events, Exhibitions and Travel team, providing event management services for a range of RSC events, from awards ceremonies and business meetings, through to congresses for up to 2000 people.
What we are looking for:
- Previous administration experience, together with strong organisational and time management skills, with the ability to work under pressure and prioritise to deliver against deadlines.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills, ideally within an events capacity.
- Good verbal numeracy skills and attention to detail.
- An effective team player with a positive attitude to doing routine tasks as well as learning new skills.
- Competent in the use of IT solutions and an awareness of data protection and confidentiality.
The contractual base for this role is our Cambridge office where the team is based, however we are currently embracing hybrid working, and therefore you will have the opportunity to also work from a UK location other than this, as agreed with your line manager. There is an expectation that employees will attend the offices as needed for their role. This role will inolve standard working hours, except when on-site at exhibitions/events. Exhibitions and events may require evening and weekend work, and occasional national and international travel.
Visit our Work For Us site to learn about us, our benefits, Equal Opportunities Statement and Inclusive Culture Pledge.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply before the end of our closing date.
View and download the full job description here.