Member Recruitment Executive
- Royal Society of Chemistry
- Cambridgeshire (GB)
- £33,960 - £37,733 per annum plus benefits
- Closing date
- 6 Feb 2023
- Contract Type
- Full Time
- Accreditation Requirements
- Not specified
About the Royal Society of Chemistry:
The Royal Society of Chemistry (RSC) has a diverse community of over 50,000 members who join us from a wide range of chemical science sectors, at a range of career stages and from all over the globe. The Member Recruitment Executive role is a core part of the Member Experience team ensuring that we continue to grow this community to represent the diversity of the wider chemical sciences.
As a Member Recruitment Executive for the RSC, you will have an innovative approach and will be responsible for identifying and managing recruitment and retention activities across all relevant sectors within the chemical sciences.
You will undertake frequent visits to chemical science employers in the UK and overseas, meeting with a range of existing and potential members from recent graduates through to senior directors, academic researchers, teachers and more. This will include membership sales both on a business to customer and business to business basis.
You will also support the wider work of the department and directorate supporting the development and implementation of new products, activities and services. You will also work collaboratively with teams across the RSC and with colleagues in marketing and communications.
What we are looking for:
- Understanding of the importance of the Royal Society of Chemistry’s membership and role as a professional body and the requirements of chemical science communities with respect to membership of professional bodies.
- A degree or equivalent experience in a chemical science subject.
- Experience in a customer focused environment with excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills, especially in networking and developing effective working relationships.
- Ability to demonstrate tact and diplomacy, along with strong negotiation skills.
- Excellent planning and organisation skills, with the ability to develop and implement new approaches and initiatives to ensure success.
- Willing to travel and work flexible hours and will preferably hold a full UK driving licence.
The contractual base for this role is our Cambridge office, however we are currently embracing hybrid working, and therefore you will have the opportunity to also work from a UK location other than this, as agreed with your line manager. Applicants should be aware that there is an expectation that employees will frequently and regularly attend the offices and travel as required in this role.
Visit our Work For Us website to learn more about us, our benefits, equal opportunities statement and inclusive culture pledge.
If you are interested, please apply before the end of our closing date.
View and download the full job description here.
The Royal Society of Chemistry is the largest organisation in Europe for advancing excellence in the chemical sciences. Supported by a worldwide network of members and an international publishing business, our activities span education, conferences, science policy and the promotion of chemistry to the public.
The RSC has a broad range of diverse career opportunities. Our teams are highly motivated and successful with our employees citing 'the people' as the best thing about working at the RSC. Working for the RSC provides a great opportunity to keep up to date with the latest developments in science without working in a lab.
- Royal Society of Chemistry
- 01223 432441
Thomas Graham House
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert