CK Group are recruiting for a Development Chemist to join an adhesives manufacturing company based in Staffordshire, on a full time, permanent basis. This role is offering a salary between £20,000 and £30,000 depending on experience.Responsibilities of this Development Chemist will include to:
As a Development Chemist you will have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- Deliver clearly defined development projects focussed on the Durable Goods and Building Component markets.
- Provide project led technical support to improve manufacturing processes and scale up of formulations.
- Develop connections to technical stakeholders and raw material suppliers.
- Build experience with how our customers use our products today or in the future, building testing methods to test or products.
- Build knowledge of existing or future emerging technologies.
- Provide project led technical support to customers though technical interactions, the provision of testing, technical presentations and product literature.
- Represent the company at relevant industry associations to develop knowledge and understanding of future changes to legislation, standards and industry trends. Communication of these changes to the business team to allow the formulation of a response, where appropriate.
- Continual professional development, through interacting with the EMEA and Global community, or appropriate on ongoing internal/external learning.
- Document learnings through write technical reports.
- Maintain COSHH and other HSE required documentation and records.
- Keep up to date with, health and safety issues in all aspects of the work undertaken.
- Education, A level + a Degree (BSc) in a science or engineering based role.
- Experience in formulating adhesives and sealant products or similar products would be preferable.
- Someone who is flexible, a self-starter, and has the ability to work and plan projects are essential attributes.
- The role requires IT skills.
It is essential that applicants hold entitlement to work in the UK. Please quote job reference 54887 in all correspondence.