A fantastic opportunity has become available for a Purchasing Manager to join a leading pharmaceutical company based in the Cheshire area. As the Purchasing Manager, you will be responsible for carrying out all necessary duties in line with the requests of the Company Director, whilst assisting in other office areas. Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) will need to be adhered to.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Purchasing Manager will be varied, however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. You will be responsible for updating the company forecast ready for monthly review; ensuring licenses are used and checked within a 3-month time frame. This will include getting purchasing orders ready, sending them off to suppliers and monitoring where necessary.
2. As purchasing manager, you will communicate with the company's suppliers to negotiate prices, well as finding new suppliers and products- which are commercially viable. Also, to track deliveries accordingly, whilst liaising and assisting with Quality Assurance for shipment issues.
3. You will react to changes in the market and information is to be fed back to the Commercial Manager and Sales Team. It will be important for you to build supplier relationships, check prices for new potential lines, whilst highlighting profitable ones. Invoiced stock must be correct in relation to expiry, quantity and price- whilst invoices must be fit for customs.
4. As the Purchasing Manager you will manage a team of 4 buyers and allocate orders to most commercially beneficial countries and suppliers.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Purchasing Manager we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. You will have practical experience in a leadership role within purchasing in either the FMCG or pharmaceutical industry.
2. The successful candidate would ideally have previous experience in building supplier relationships, dealing with invoices, stock, updating forecasts, communicating with buyers and liaising with QA for shipment issues.
3. A working knowledge and practical experience of working in compliance to GDP.
Key Words: Purchasing | Quality Assurance | Negotiation | Management | Buyers | Suppliers | GDP | SOPs | FMCG | Pharmaceuticals | Forecasting | Health and Safety | Sales | Commercial | Invoicing
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for talent development. We therefore welcome applications for any interested parties who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment professionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.