CK Group are currently recruiting for a Process Development Chemist to join a specialist Medical Device organisation at their site near Cambridge on a full time, permanent basis. This role offers a salary of £40,000- £45,000 DOE.Benefits
- Onsite Parking
- Pension: 5% company contribution
- Death In Service: Life Assurance = 4 x salary
- Training and Development
- Company Social Events
- Electric Vehicle Scheme
- Cycle to Work Scheme
An opportunity has opened for an enthusiastic Process Development Chemist to join the technical team to support its products and continued development of novel polymers. The main focus of the work will be the developing and improving the production and manufacturing process of polymer materials used in the manufacture of contact and intraocular lenses. Responsibilities:
In order to be considered for this role, you will be required to have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- Improvement of existing production processes
- Designing and carrying out laboratory scale experimental chemistry work to develop manufacturing processes.
- Working on scale-up from pilot plant to full scale plant manufacturing.
- Applying good chemical understanding to practical problems within a lab-based and full-scale plant environment
- Ensuring new raw materials are assed for safety and supplier approval
- Work in accordance to the quality system and ensure all experimental records (both written and computer based) are accurate and kept up to date.
- Educated to Degree level in a relevant scientific discipline.
- Proven practical experience and skills in carrying out chemical reactions and in a wide range of laboratory techniques
- Experience in Scale-up chemistry
- Skilled in data collection and critical/statistical analysis
- Experience in chemical process development relating to medical devices would be advantageous.
It is essential that applicants hold entitlement to work in the UK. Please quote job reference 54672 in all correspondence.