CK Group are recruiting for a Masters qualified Chemist to join a technology company at their site based near Runcorn on a full time, permanent basis.
As part of their continued expansion, our client seeks a highly capable chemistry-oriented Scientist to join their dynamic and innovative team. Based at their state-of-the-art laboratory facilities, the successful applicant will work closely with technical service and customer success functions to plan and deliver on experimental programmes, which are driven by customer requirements. As a Scientist in a collaborative and multidisciplinary team the Scientist will have the opportunity to grow from a technical point of view and as a professional.
The Scientist will be active across multiple projects and engage with a variety of project teams. You will develop performance enhancing coating formulations for use in a wide variety of industrial sectors around the world. This role involves both R&D and some testing and analysis. The company offers a salary of £24,000-£30,000 per annum depending on experience, as well as 26 days annual leave plus bank holidays, company share option scheme membership, and pension. Key roles and responsibilities:
- Plan, conduct and interpret experimental trials or development programmes
- Contribute towards project planning
- Prepare / draft technical documents and presentations
- Maintain excellent and detailed experimental records
- Actively develop knowledge of membrane filtration technologies
- Complete or contribute towards COSHH, risk assessment or other HSE documentation
- Contribute towards to maintenance of lab equipment and general cleanliness
The successful candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- A Masters Degree or equivalent in Chemistry or a related subject
- Demonstrable laboratory experience and the ability to critically assess data
- Some knowledge of membrane filtration processes in the water sector would be beneficial
- Experience of the product development process
- Excellent communicator who engages well with others
- The ability to foster a collaborative and engaging work environment
- A full UK driving licence – essential
- Willingness to travel, both internationally and within the UK when required – essential
It is essential that applicants hold entitlement to work in the UK. Please quote job reference 54866 in all correspondence.