HRS are looking for a Fermentation Scientist join an innovative company who aim to revolutionise the synthesis of biomolecules using immobilised enzymes. The company is based in the Central London area.
As the Fermentation Scientist you will be responsible for the upstream production and process development of microbial fermentation, as well as downstream processing and quality control steps to ensure there's reproducibility from batch-to-batch.
This is a great opportunity for a process driven scientist with industry experience to continue developing and optimizing microbial growth and protein expression in bio-reactors at an exciting start-up.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Fermentation Scientist will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. You will have experience with E.coli fermentation technology for protein production and support the laboratory with their fermentation needs, whilst sharing and running report presentations of fermentation insights.
2. You will prepare growth media, materials, and reagents under aseptic conditions to minimise risks of contamination, whilst performing quality control steps throughout.
3. You will ensure the delivery of enzyme fermentations and delivery of key metrics for clients project requests are met, whilst contributing to further develop the companies fermentations best practices.
4. You will ensure the delivery of documentation of scientific findings are on time and create robust SOPs.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Fermentation Scientist we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant degree in a life sciences discipline such as Biotechnology, Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Bioengineering etc...
2. Proven industry experience in upstream processing, running fed-batch fermenters, and experience optimising microbial growth and protein expression in bioreactors.
3. A working knowledge and practical experience with microbial E.coli fermentation technology for protein production.
Key Words: Fermentation | Microbial | Enzyme | Upstream Processing | UPS | E.Coli | Protein Expression | Cell Culture | Bioreactor | Enzymes | Quality Control | QC | Biomanufacturing | Biotech | Biotechnology | Molecular Biology | Cellular Biology | Life Sciences | Industry | DSP | Downstream Processing | SOP | London | Sustainability | Biochemistry
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for talent development. We therefore welcome applications for any interested parties who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment professionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.