Do you want to join a company passionate about the science and be at forefront of sustainability in food production? We are looking for a synthetic organic chemist who wants to develop a lab scale synthetic process and make it a multi-tonne industrial process for an agro-active biostimulant, which is significantly improving yields in many crop species. This is an exciting opportunity to develop your scientific knowledge and make a difference to global agriculture.
Job Title: Synthetic Organic Chemist
Reporting To: Chief Technology Officer
Contract duration: Open-ended, 6-month probationary period
Salary: £40-45k (experience dependent), plus share options
Application closing date 31st January 2023
- To design, synthesise and test new products based on SugaROx core technology.
- To develop cost-effective T6P-based AI synthesis routes.
- To define the operating parameters for production scale up of active ingredients.
Skills and Experience:
- Educated to PhD level in synthetic chemistry.
- Understanding of core analytical techniques used for product characterisation including ICP, NMR and Mass Spectrometry.
- Understanding of HS&E boundaries required for safe laboratory experimental practice, including experience of writing robust risk assessments.
- Microsoft Office skills.
- Strong ability to evaluate and solve problems
- Strong planning and organising skills with ability to meet deadlines
- Work to high standards with strong attention to detail
- A self-starter able to work in a team as well as independently.
SugaROx is a joint venture spinout company between Rothamsted Research and Oxford University formed in 2020 that is commercialising a biostimulant product based on the plant signalling sugar trehalose-6-phospate, first published in Nature (2016).
Applicants must be willing to work in the Oxford area.
Please submit your CV, cover letter, and contact details of at least 2 references to email@example.com using the link below.
Enquires about this vacancy should be directed to Dr Cara Griffiths (CTO), firstname.lastname@example.org