- Permanent and full-time (35-hour week)
- Hybrid or remote / home working within the UK
The Royal Society of Chemistry has a great opportunity for a Digital Content Assistant for Chemistry World, our leading magazine for chemical scientists worldwide.
Chemistry World is a valuable benefit for members of the Royal Society of Chemistry and reaches a large international audience online. It provides a variety of content in print and digital channels, including news, features, opinions, podcasts and webinars. We are looking for a digital content assistant to support our range of activities and to contribute to our high quality content and community engagement.
In this Digital Content Assistant role you will be a key part of Chemistry World’s digital-first strategy. You will prepare written and multimedia content for online publication, engage with our social media communities and take care of day-to-day administration for the Chemistry World team: including issuing contracts, processing invoices and being the first point of contact for contributors, readers, subscribers and other stakeholders.
As the role involves all aspects of magazine publishing, from pitching news ideas and producing podcasts, through to understanding content performance through digital analytics, it is a great opportunity for someone looking to develop a career in popular science publishing.
We are looking for:
- Degree level qualification in a scientific field and current understanding of the science landscape
- Experience of writing and proof-reading content for the web, including social media, with excellent attention to detail
- Experience with web analytics tools including social media monitoring, search engine optimisation and content management systems
- Highly organised and able to coordinate and prioritise multiple workflows, develop and improve upon existing solutions
- Ability to understand and contribute to the magazine’s overall objectives and strategy
As an organisation we are embracing hybrid working, and home / remote working within the UK could be considered for this role. Applicants should be aware that there is an expectation that employees may be required to attend our Cambridge and London offices, which would very occasionally be needed in this role.
Visit our Work For Us website to learn more about us, our benefits, equal opportunities statement and inclusive culture pledge.
If you are interested, please apply before the end of our closing date.
View and download the full job description here.