Section Head Toxicology
- Hyper Recruitment Solutions
- Dependent on experience
- Closing date
- 6 Jan 2023
- Biology, Pharmacology, Toxicology
- Contract Type
- Full Time
We are currently looking for a Section Head Toxicology to join a leading CRO based in Scotland.
As the Section Head Toxicology you will be responsible for the day-to-day management of the scientists and resources within toxicology. The role incorporates line management, responsibility for health and safety, research output and quality (both to comply with GLP guidelines and to ensure quality control of routine assays in the section).
You will also have significant interaction with other parts of the business, particularly the Research Leaders and Site Directors, to ensure the effective and consistent day-to-day running of the section across the organisation.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Section Head Toxicology will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. You will be the focal point for toxicology, displaying the confidence, commitment and positive attitude required to engage others and drive them to succeed and achieve in their day-to-day activities so that the section's output is maximised.
2. As the Section Head Toxicology, you will champion all quality aspects of GLP compliance and ensure quality control is fundamental in all assays to ensure reproducible tests with reference to acceptance criteria incorporated at validation.
3. In conjunction with other business functions, you will be responsible for the delivery of appropriate training to develop scientists within their section and ensuring all members of the team are effectively developed and managed.
4. As Section Head, you also be working closely with procurement to monitor consumable use and ensure the most cost effective suppliers as well as actively engage with the HSE Officer and take responsibility for the H&S within the toxicology section.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Section Head Toxicology we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant PhD in Biology (or related Life Science degree) or a BSc/MSc with extensive, relevant toxicology laboratory experience is essential for this role.
2. You will also need to have had experience managing a team, including direct reports and carrying out 1:1 meetings.
3. Be pro-active problem solving in both science and business.
Key Words: Section Head | Toxicology | Toxicologist | Team Leader | Pharmacology | Life Science | Pharmaceutical | Drug Discovery
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for talent development. We therefore welcome applications for any interested parties who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment professionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.
Hyper Recruitment Solutions is a specialist and highly compliant recruitment consultancy dedicated to the Science and Technology sectors.
Hyper Recruitment Solutions (HRS), founded and run by Ricky Martin and in partnership with Lord Alan Sugar, has a wealth of recruitment expertise as well as compliance and commercial awareness. We offer a range of permanent, temporary and contract staff.
Our vision is to provide recruitment solutions which will assist in the improvement and quality of life for all. To do so, HRS will focus on the support of sectors whose primary focus is in making the world a better place. This could be working for a Pharmaceutical company who is developing new and existing therapeutics or an FMCG business who is making the latest consumer products in a sustainable and efficient way. We want to provide a service to those areas of actual need which will have an impact on us all.
We provide services across a broad range of industries including the following specialist sectors:
• Medical Device
• Clinical Research
• CMO / CRO
• Food / FMCG
With all jobseekers we are looking to form close relationships where we can offer you the most accurate and useful advice. We intend to not only find and present the most ideal career options to you, but we want to provide advice on the entire recruitment process. We are a business who listens and advises and as shown on our website we have a clear ‘candidate commitment’ to ensure your search is in the most professional and capable hands. Some of the key areas we focus on include:
• Quality Assurance (including Qualified Persons)
• Clinical Research (all phases and therapeutic fields)
• Research & Development
• Consumer Insight and Sensory
• Lean and Continuous Improvement
• Engineering (all disciplines)
• Manufacturing, Scale up and Technology Transfer
• Packaging and Sustainability
• Medical Affairs
• Sales and Business Development
• Information Systems & Technology
• Executive Appointments
HRS has been awarded membership to the REC (Recruitment and Employment Confederation) and APSCo (Association of Professional Staffing Companies). This is to assure all clients and candidates that our processes and practices comply with all relevant government and recruitment industry regulations.
Lord Sugar, Ricky Martin and everyone at HRS look forward to working with you. Please do not hesitate to visit our website www.hyperec.com or contact us via
Telephone: 02032 255 120
Or any of the social media routes below:
- 0203 910 2980
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert