We are currently looking for a Lead Scientist - Target Identification & Validation to join a leading Immuno-Oncology Biotherapeutic company based in the West London area. As the Lead Scientist - Target Identification & Validation you will be joining their growing Cancer Biology team focused on the identification and validation of novel Antibody targets.
This would suit a Cancer Biologist with experience in a Drug Discovery setting where they have Identified novel targets through literature research followed by the lab-based validation of targets through a range of Cellular and Molecular techniques.
This role offers the opportunity the lead the Target ID of novel Cancer targets against Biological and small molecule agents. You will have the sole responsibility to identify new targets and impact the direction of the company's research focus.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Lead Scientist - Target Identification & Validation will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. Utilise literature and current research to identify promising Oncology targets for novel NexGen Antibody Therapies.
2. Design and execute Target validation studies using extensive Molecular and Cellular Biology techniques to support the drug discovery pipeline.
3. You will play an integral role in the development of the discovery pipeline by providing innovative suggestions and ideas.
4. Lab activities include 2D/3D Cell Culture, Flow Cytometry, Functional Cell Based assays, Genomic Engineering, Microscopy, IF, IHC and Protein analysis.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Lead Scientist - Target Identification & Validation we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant PhD in Cancer Biology, Oncology, Immuno-Oncology or related disciplines in addition to experience with Target ID/Validation or similar Drug Discovery activities.
2. Proven industry experience in cell biology and molecular biology techniques such as but not limited to 2D/3D cell culture, flow cytometry, in vitro cytotoxicity, antibody effector function assays, microscopy including immunofluorescence and/or immunohistochemistry, DNA/RNA/protein analysis, RT-PCR, transient and stable transfections. Experience in genetics/genomics e.g., CRISPR/Cas9 genome editing is a plus.
3. A working knowledge and practical experience with Antibody Discovery and Antibody targets would be ideal but not essential. Bioinformatics is also beneficial
Key Words: Target Identification | Target ID | Target Validation | Drug Discovery | Antibody Therapeutics | Molecular Biology | Cell Biology | Cell-Based Assays | Flow Cytometry | Protein Analysis | RT-PCR | CRISPR/Cas9 | Genome Editing | Transfection | Oncology | Cancer Biology | Immuno-oncology
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for talent development. We therefore welcome applications for any interested parties who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment professionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.