Are you an experienced Health and Safety Manager looking for an exciting new job opportunity?
We are currently looking for a Health and Safety Manager to join a growing chemicals company based in the County Roscommon area of Ireland. The company manufacture fine chemicals and supply the food, pharmaceutical, fragrance and cosmetics / toiletries sectors.
As the Health and Safety Manager you will be responsible for setting up and the management of a health and safety (H&S) team and development, H&S management systems, process safety management standards, advising, monitoring and auditing on future requirements, accident and incident prevention and
investigation, and generally promoting all aspects of H&S practise within the company.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Health and Safety Manager will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. Manage the health and safety activities for the full site including, the promotion of the safety culture through the provision of professional advice, staff development and communication, to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements as well as manage and develop a team of H&S personnel and their performance in line with appraisal systems.
2. In conjunction with the lead engineer to develop, implement and manage arrangements for processes and equipment; this can include manual handling, exposure, ergonomics, ATEX, and process hazard reviews. (HAZID/HAZOP/LOPA/SIL/Chemical & Operational Hazard Assessment ).
3. You will also be responsible for the management of the H&S requirements for the transition and on-going compliance application to Lower Tier COMAH/Seveso.
4. As the Health and Safety Manager, you will liaise with outside regulatory bodies and work with local authorities and other governmental bodies, for example to develop area evacuation and emergency procedures.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Health and Safety Manager we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant degree in a scientific or engineering subject. You will need to have a NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent as well as significant experience in the management of Health and Safety in a chemical/API site at a management level.
2. Proven industry experience in Process Safety Management within a chemical/API manufacturing environment is also essential for this role.
3. A degree in Chemistry/Chemical Engineering and experience implementing or working within ISO45001 is desirable.
Key Words: Health and Safety Manager | Chemical Engineering | API | Chemistry | Process Safety | Pharmaceutical | Manufacturing
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for talent development. We therefore welcome applications for any interested parties who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment professionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.