Health and Safety Manager
- Hyper Recruitment Solutions
- County Roscommon
- Dependent on experience
- Closing date
- 29 Dec 2022
- Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, Fine Chemicals, Flavours and Perfumes, Health and Safety
- Contract Type
- Full Time
We are currently looking for a Health and Safety Manager to join a growing chemicals company based in the County Roscommon area of Ireland. The company manufacture fine chemicals and supply the food, pharmaceutical, fragrance and cosmetics / toiletries sectors.
As the Health and Safety Manager you will be responsible for setting up and the management of a health and safety (H&S) team and development, H&S management systems, process safety management standards, advising, monitoring and auditing on future requirements, accident and incident prevention and
investigation, and generally promoting all aspects of H&S practise within the company.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Health and Safety Manager will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. Manage the health and safety activities for the full site including, the promotion of the safety culture through the provision of professional advice, staff development and communication, to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements as well as manage and develop a team of H&S personnel and their performance in line with appraisal systems.
2. In conjunction with the lead engineer to develop, implement and manage arrangements for processes and equipment; this can include manual handling, exposure, ergonomics, ATEX, and process hazard reviews. (HAZID/HAZOP/LOPA/SIL/Chemical & Operational Hazard Assessment ).
3. You will also be responsible for the management of the H&S requirements for the transition and on-going compliance application to Lower Tier COMAH/Seveso.
4. As the Health and Safety Manager, you will liaise with outside regulatory bodies and work with local authorities and other governmental bodies, for example to develop area evacuation and emergency procedures.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Health and Safety Manager we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant degree in a scientific or engineering subject. You will need to have a NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent as well as significant experience in the management of Health and Safety in a chemical/API site at a management level.
2. Proven industry experience in Process Safety Management within a chemical/API manufacturing environment is also essential for this role.
3. A degree in Chemistry/Chemical Engineering and experience implementing or working within ISO45001 is desirable.
Key Words: Health and Safety Manager | Chemical Engineering | API | Chemistry | Process Safety | Pharmaceutical | Manufacturing
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for talent development. We therefore welcome applications for any interested parties who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment professionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.
Hyper Recruitment Solutions is a specialist and highly compliant recruitment consultancy dedicated to the Science and Technology sectors.
Hyper Recruitment Solutions (HRS), founded and run by Ricky Martin and in partnership with Lord Alan Sugar, has a wealth of recruitment expertise as well as compliance and commercial awareness. We offer a range of permanent, temporary and contract staff.
Our vision is to provide recruitment solutions which will assist in the improvement and quality of life for all. To do so, HRS will focus on the support of sectors whose primary focus is in making the world a better place. This could be working for a Pharmaceutical company who is developing new and existing therapeutics or an FMCG business who is making the latest consumer products in a sustainable and efficient way. We want to provide a service to those areas of actual need which will have an impact on us all.
We provide services across a broad range of industries including the following specialist sectors:
• Medical Device
• Clinical Research
• CMO / CRO
• Food / FMCG
With all jobseekers we are looking to form close relationships where we can offer you the most accurate and useful advice. We intend to not only find and present the most ideal career options to you, but we want to provide advice on the entire recruitment process. We are a business who listens and advises and as shown on our website we have a clear ‘candidate commitment’ to ensure your search is in the most professional and capable hands. Some of the key areas we focus on include:
• Quality Assurance (including Qualified Persons)
• Clinical Research (all phases and therapeutic fields)
• Research & Development
• Consumer Insight and Sensory
• Lean and Continuous Improvement
• Engineering (all disciplines)
• Manufacturing, Scale up and Technology Transfer
• Packaging and Sustainability
• Medical Affairs
• Sales and Business Development
• Information Systems & Technology
• Executive Appointments
HRS has been awarded membership to the REC (Recruitment and Employment Confederation) and APSCo (Association of Professional Staffing Companies). This is to assure all clients and candidates that our processes and practices comply with all relevant government and recruitment industry regulations.
Lord Sugar, Ricky Martin and everyone at HRS look forward to working with you. Please do not hesitate to visit our website www.hyperec.com or contact us via
Telephone: 02032 255 120
Or any of the social media routes below:
- 0203 910 2980
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert