Job type: Full-time or part-time, permanent
Hybrid (Cambridge office) or Remote
About the RSC
The Royal Society of Chemistry is a not-for-profit organisation whose mission is to advance chemical sciences. As a not-for-profit publisher, we reinvest surplus funds back into the global scientific community, supporting our purpose to help the chemical science community make the world a better place.
The RSC strives to continuously innovate its product and services to adapt to market and customer needs, maintain relevancy and diversify revenues from print journals. This requires a market-led and ‘outside-in’ thinking approach to product and service innovation.
At the Royal Society of Chemistry, we promote a healthy work/life balance and flexible working options across the organisation. We offer a comprehensive benefits package to all employees including:
- 26 days paid holiday per annum
- 35-hour working week with flexible options
- Enhanced maternity and paternity leave
- Paid volunteering days
- Pension plan with up to 12% employer contributions (depending upon your contribution)
- Life assurance at four times basic annual salary
The Royal Society of Chemistry is looking for a Supplier Relations Executive to support our journals production team on a full-time or part-time permanent basis.
You will contribute to the success of our journals through the day-to-day operation of the parts of the production process that are handled by our suppliers (e.g. copy-editing and typesetting). You will ensure that our high quality and timeliness standards are upheld across our suppliers’ activities, thus contributing to the provision of excellent customer service for our authors and readers. You will also have the opportunity to contribute to projects and developments related to our production activities.
This role will give you valuable broader experience of our publishing activities and the opportunity to develop your network of contacts. You will work closely with our suppliers and assume a ‘trusted advisor’ role for them as well as people across the organisation.
We are looking for:
- A good honours degree in science (chemical science normally preferred) is essential.
- Experience in STM publishing is essential.
- Experience and a strong understanding of the production of Royal Society of Chemistry journals (particularly copy-editing) is beneficial but not essential.
- A proactive approach to problem solving.
- Good organisational and time-management skills are required together with the ability to work under pressure, prioritise and to meet deadlines.
- Good attention to detail.
- Good communication skills in interacting with internal and external contacts.
- Proven ability to work well as a team.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply before the end of our closing date.
For a full job description, please click here.
At the Royal Society of Chemistry, we will support you in your career and reward your contribution with an excellent pro rata benefits package. If you are interested, please apply before the end of our closing date.
If you have any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org