We are currently looking for a Machine Learning Scientist to join a leading Drug Discovery company based in the Cambridgeshire area. As the Machine Learning Scientist you will be responsible for identifying new targets and gene-disease associations and derive disease insights from multi-modal data.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Machine Learning Scientist will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. Developing and implementing deep-learning approaches to analyse diverse multi-modal data (e.g. genomics, transcriptomics, proteomics, imaging) to identify novel drug targets, biomarkers and therapeutic mechanisms.
2. Leading the development of predictive models using statistical, mathematical and machine-learning methods for biomarker development and patient stratification strategies.
3. Working with bioinformaticians, statisticians and biologists to support experimental design and build data processing and analysis pipelines.
4. Evaluating and assessing new machine-learning approaches developed by the research community for adoption and implementation in-house.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Machine Learning Scientist we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. PhD in mathematics, computer science, engineering, or a relevant numerical discipline.
2. Hands-on experience in applying machine learning approaches to multi-omics data and excellent coding skills (Python, R)
3. Experience with Bayesian optimisation, probabilistic modelling as well as general numerical programming (SciPy/NumPyand neural-network design (Tensorflow/PyTorch/Keras)
Key Words: Machine , Learning , Pharmaceuticals , Drug , Discovery , Biomarker , Development , Bioinformatics , Python , R , Programming
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for talent development. We therefore welcome applications for any interested parties who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment professionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.